• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What ___ would you like to see adapted into an anime series?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:56 am Reply with quote
Toucanbird wrote:
Personally, I'd love to see an anime version of Sherlock Holmes.

...and before I get the "well..." people out there putting in their two cents.

No, I don't consider Detective Conan remotely similar to Sherlock Holmes, despite Sir Arthur Conan Doyle being Shinichi's inspiration for being a detective.

Also, no, I don't consider Sherlock Hound to be the type of anime I'm looking for either. I want the anime to have PEOPLE, not DOGS.

On top of that, no, I don't consider Aria from Hidan no Aria being spoiler[Sherlock Holmes great granddaughter (as a fan of the Sherlock Holmes series, I'm still trying to figure out when and where Sherlock Holmes had a wife and kid)] to be a suitable replacement as a Sherlock Holmes series.

Also, I am aware that there was an American cartoon called Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century. That is not what I'm looking for either.

What I'm looking for is an anime adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series with no gimmicks and/or spin-offs. Is that too much to ask?

Right on. Love this idea (22nd century was pretty bad).
Tommy RKO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote
This one's easy. I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan, and with the way that Witchblade was handled, it's my favorite anime, I'd love to see what a Lara Croft/Tomb Raider anime would be like. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3