• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top 10 Anime Theme Songs of 2005

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Where would Negima's Happy Material be if you added up all 6 CDs?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I think this is talking about singles.

I still don't get what's so great about Gundam SEED......
aluria

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I gotta agree with you there, whats so great sbout Gundam Seed anyway? I've heard a few of the songs and they were nice and all but no where near my fav's. The only song one this list I've heard and agree with is Link by L'arc en Ciel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
appleturbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
aluria wrote:
I gotta agree with you there, whats so great sbout Gundam Seed anyway? I've heard a few of the songs and they were nice and all but no where near my favorite's. The only song one this list I've heard and agree with is Link by L'arc en Ciel.

I guess that's the difference between Japanese tastes and your tastes. They produce songs that they know will appeal to their fans.

as much as I like L'arc, I'm getting kind of tired of fans thinking that L'arc is the only band that can produce good music. I know you didn't say that. I'm just making a generalization.
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
WOOT! Cool

It feels good to have contributed to this. Still, I wish the TV and single versions weren't so different.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
You have to bear in mind that SEED is like Japan's version of a WB show, it's all about pimping the musical artists. All of those songs were much more designed to be pop singles than they were to be show titles, the marketing and whatnot was probably better as well.

Personally, my favorite was the second Bleach opening, D-tecnolife. That one was just great.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
i happen to find that Bleach theme song catchy, i like the 3rd opening better though.

Last edited by v1cious on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Klampo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone list all 37 which broke into the top 10???? Would appreciate it!
Jimmy Balls-O-Steel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
The only theme song from this year that I think is better than Bleach's first theme song is the theme for Animal Yokocho.

And believe me, I really do like the first Bleach theme song. Not only are Japanese bands better than Americans at power-pop, but they're also better than Americans at emo.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I still liked Happy People for Bleach ending/opening. I wondered about the Negima cds, seemed like they were all real popular. I guess it just goes to show, that anything with the word Gundam attached to it, will sell in Japan
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I still don't get what's so great about Gundam SEED......

I don't get what's so great about SEED Destiny's music. Aside from Mika Arisaka and SeeSaw's efforts (and one Nami Tamaki song at the very beginning), it was all either extremely mediocre or utter crap. We pretty much saw T.M. Revolution bottom out creatively, while I continue to insist that whoever allowed Chemistry within twenty kilometers of a recording studio needs to be beaten with rusty metal pipes. Rusty metal pipes with broken, sharp edges. The rest was all so forgettable it's shameful seeing it place up here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
weirdofu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, the ranking seems to be based on sales, and most of the SEED singles are backed and marketed by Sony-BMG, which is huge. Also, the fact that the show was plugged in "prime time" helps as promotional. Not to mention there has always been a TM Revolution fan-base (even outside of anime). The results, on some levels, are fairly expected and bear no surprises.

Also, keep in mind, like a previous poster mentioned, alot of these artists that performed songs for the SEED series were musicians/bands/artists first and not like many series that just wrote a song and pulled one of the voice attresses to do it, which happens alot.
devilfoxnaruto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Jimmy Balls-O-Steel wrote:
The only theme song from this year that I think is better than Bleach's first theme song is the theme for Animal Yokocho.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loves the opening song to AniYoko. I've yet to meet someone who knows of the show much less likes the opening like I do. Its nice to see I'm not alone. ^__^
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
So Asterisk was the bestseller. Cool, I loved that song. Smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
8) "Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru" from Gundam Seed Destiny, by See-Saw - 156,172 copies sold

I loved that song. I'm happy to say that one of those 156,172 copies is owned by me. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3