• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence UK DVD Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote
All good things to those who wait. Very Happy
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
All good things to those who wait. Very Happy

Unfortunately a lot of us will still be waiting.

Mad
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
I'm kind of wondering if I should import... I mean, I've never actually done it...

Meaning, I don't know how to DO it Confused
It's quite simple really, if you have a credit card that is. I use to import from your Amazon.com, so you can do the same at our Amazon.co.uk. Where you might take a bath is with the exchange rate that the credit card will use to convert Sterling into US Dollars. Shipping willl take slightly longer but should be no more than a week and you will not get any discounts for overseas deliveries. But this is no great barrier. When you place your order you will have to give your delivery address. That's when they will show you just what it will cost to ship overseas and the time it will take. But you must take into account before you order that if your DVD player is not able to play R2 they will not refund your money for that reason. Make sure you have a mult-region player. You will also have to wait until after 06/Feb/06, the release date for the UK. Wink
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I recently bought the Special Edition Music Anthology at Best Buy for $14.99. But of course not having even seen the movie, I can't watch it until then. And with that, by lucky coincidence, I hear the news that this really good R2 release is coming out now.

After reading about the specs, the R1 version is an insult. Now all I need to do is get a new all region player.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I recently bought the Special Edition Music Anthology at Best Buy for $14.99. But of course not having even seen the movie, I can't watch it until then. And with that, by lucky coincidence, I hear the news that this really good R2 release is coming out now.

After reading about the specs, the R1 version is an insult. Now all I need to do is get a new all region player.
Or try remote hacking the one you already have. I've linked to this site in another thread here but I'll add it here too. Might be useful to you if you have one of those makes and models.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Or try remote hacking the one you already have. I've linked to this site in another thread here but I'll add it here too. Might be useful to you if you have one of those makes and models.

Well it's not that I need to get my current DVD player to play different regions. It's that my player now (an all region one) is glitched from the inside.

For some reason, everytime I turn it on the screen is jumping up and down. I know it's not a problem with the cables, as I tried a whole bunch of other ones. I think something in the system shorted, which is affecting the viewability of anything I put in there.

I do have a PS2, but it's actually a replacement of another one I used to have, so I'd rather not modify it in case I have to return that one too Razz.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2