• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sengoku Musou (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote

Sengoku Musou / Samurai Warriors (TV)

Genres: action, drama
Themes: historical, war

Plot Summary: Samurai Warriors focuses on the Sanada brothers during the Sengoku era of Japan. In late 16th century, the era of civil war that tore Japan over two centuries is nearing its end and the regional warlords who survived the bloodsheds are ready for a final showdown. In the battlefield where your best ally turns out to be your worst enemy, only the shrewdest can come out alive. -CR
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

Very nice episode. spoiler[This exceeded my expectations as it didn't wait to present the action at all. I'm starting to like this Yukimura guy already for taking risks and challenging others. I'm not sure if I can get used to guns used during this era though but the action was overall solid with decent balanced comedy.]

The OST also surprised me as well as I thought they did a good job there too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
Sengoku Basara wannabe and not nearly so engaging or fun, but I'll watch it anyway. They seem to be trying for a more serious, less anachronistic tone than aniki Basara, and I guess the focus is on events leading up to Sekigahara. Odd that they seem to have written the brothers' father, who was very much a participant, completely out of the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1