• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
One piece Color walk 1, looks to be the viz release but i cant be sure just yet (off ebay)

fingers crossed.

edit: Looks very much like it IS the viz release Very Happy its got that "art of shonen jump" line on the front that none of the other language editions have. Im just a bit suspect because I know its a bitch to get hold of and im only paying £10 for it
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote
Just paid for my Inami Mahiru Nendoroid and Eternally Young Red Moon Remilia Scarlet Gungnir version. It would've been yesterday, but the package turned out a great deal heavier than I though it would be and thus was bumped from air small packet to SAL parcel - and that, for 2.4 kg, EMS cost only ¥250 more, so I upgraded to feel better about paying ~$55 in shipping. Hopefully I'll still qualify for the 10x points promotion(the fine print seems to contradict itself on this matter) - it'd help take some of the sting out.
Nico87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
Finally got around to ordering GTO Semester Two 2004 release and Lucky Star o/
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
AnoHana got here today. I've got to agree with The King of Harts - the box design isn't at all what I expected. I personally had gotten the idea the long side was the one with the hole.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Alright, not sure if I'll be buying more stuff today, but on my first real pass through the dealer's room I picked up a bunch of stuff. Got:

Eroge/VNs:

My Girlfriend is the President
Escalation
Higurashi
Higurashi Kai

Figures:

Dead Master (only $140 for it too, best price I had seen prior was $155)
Jewelry Bonney P.O.P

Misc:

Misaka Mikoto and Misaka Imouto dakimakura

Really jacked about getting that Dead Master for as cheap as I did. About the only other figure I'm actively looking for now is GSC's Black Gold Saw, but I haven't seen her in any booths thus far. It's possible that I missed her, and it's also possible that I haven't seen every booth that sells figures, but my hopes of finding it at the con are fading. Probably have to spend the 16,000 yen on Mandarake for her.
moonie92

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Gundam Wing (both sets) from a video store along with Berserk 4 for about 50 dollars. Not a bad deal (or at least I don't think it was.)
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist Season 1 DVD (2009 set w/ guide books)
Heaven's Lost Property Season 1 DVD/BD combo pack LE
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
- the box design isn't at all what I expected..
I think that box design is quite neat. The box is simply like having the DVDs two rows deep on the shelf, and it's a rare shelf that isn't two DVDs deep.
I bet most people's DVDs are two or three rows deep on their shelves anyway. Mine are.
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I received Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai part 1 in the post yesterday. I'm so happy that I finally get to own this and just have to wait till the end of the month for part 2 Anime smile
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Whew, my wallet has gone all French on me and is waving the white flag. I made another pass through the dealers hall and I found the first and probably only Black Gold Saw GSC figure in the place, and for cheaper than I can get it at any online retailer that I use. I also picked up a couple very expensive wall scrolls of Kobato and Meat of Haganai fame. Then I picked up a couple new shirts from J-List (one being an I Love Shimapan shirt), and finally topped it off with picking up AnoHana from the Aniplex booth. Cost just a little more than RightStuf would charge, but I got the shirt shaped pen holder thing, so yay useless trinkets.

Anyways, hopefully that's it for me. Just because I can afford to spend all this and more doesn't mean I have to.
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I also picked up a couple very expensive wall scrolls of Kobato and Meat of Haganai fame.

I presume doujin wallscrolls? I assume you bought it from a small booth that sells Taiwanese/Chinese doujin material?

Speaking about Meat - the officially licensed dakimakura by COSPA has officially gone on it's third print run (originally release April, 2nd run June and now August). That's pretty amazing; I've never seen a daki get reprinted so quickly in such a short time span.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
I also picked up a couple very expensive wall scrolls of Kobato and Meat of Haganai fame.

I presume doujin wallscrolls? I assume you bought it from a small booth that sells Taiwanese/Chinese doujin material?

Speaking about Meat - the officially licensed dakimakura by COSPA has officially gone on it's third print run (originally release April, 2nd run June and now August). That's pretty amazing; I've never seen a daki get reprinted so quickly in such a short time span.

Actually, the booth mainly was selling legit figures. I got a Dead Master from there that was cheaper than anywhere else, but not bootleg cheap. Plus it had the proper stickers on it
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

Actually, the booth mainly was selling legit figures. I got a Dead Master from there that was cheaper than anywhere else, but not bootleg cheap. Plus it had the proper stickers on it

Interesting. Do you remember the booth? I don't recall any official Haganai wallscrolls unless it was a trade show/comiket special. The only Meat wallscroll I know of that's expensive is a doujin one by Carnelian.

If you can PM me a picture of the wallscrolls at some point, I'd appreciate it since I'm highly intrigued by them - I might want to hunt for them if I find it to be rather nice.

Still, anything with Meat and Kobato is amazing (even better when the two are together).
silencer226

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up, I don't know why... but NISA makes me buy things, things I don't need but I get them anyway...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 911 of 1401