• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unsolved Mysteries

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quote
We all have seen animes that have left certain issues unexplained. But do you have one that really bothers you? Post it here and maybe someone would have an answer for you.

One unresolved issue that bothered me a lot was in Last Exile.

When Luciola spoiler[ sacrifices himself in order to save Dio, he goes off to meet Delphine and entrusts the brainwashed/insane Dio to the main characters, who take Dio with them and promise to take care of him. They leave Dio in bed resting, but when he wakes up he climbs into a van ship and goes off to the storm and dies. What bothered me was that nobody ever finds out or cares what ever happened to Dio, after they promised to take good care of him. Nobody ever goes back to the hospital bed to see if Dio was still there, nobody ever asks "hey, where's Dio?". They are all living their lives very happily together. ]

Was there a deleted scene, or are there any clues in the manga (if the manga exists) ? Anybody knows why wasn't there any reaction to spoiler[ Dio's death ]?

Luminal
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Luminal wrote:
We all have seen animes that have left certain issues unexplained. But do you have one that really bothers you? Post it here and maybe someone would have an answer for you.

One unresolved issue that bothered me a lot was in Last Exile.

When Luciola spoiler[ sacrifices himself in order to save Dio, he goes off to meet Delphine and entrusts the brainwashed/insane Dio to the main characters, who take Dio with them and promise to take care of him. They leave Dio in bed resting, but when he wakes up he climbs into a van ship and goes off to the storm and dies. What bothered me was that nobody ever finds out or cares what ever happened to Dio, after they promised to take good care of him. Nobody ever goes back to the hospital bed to see if Dio was still there, nobody ever asks "hey, where's Dio?". They are all living their lives very happily together. ]

Was there a deleted scene, or are there any clues in the manga (if the manga exists) ? Anybody knows why wasn't there any reaction to spoiler[ Dio's death ]?

Luminal

Ok let me try to explain this as best as I can your message was a little everywhere so I am going to try to answer to the best of my abilities. spoiler[Ok well Dio dies saving his real friend Luciola or believe he was trying to save his friend in a real touching moment where he finally breaks out of a emotionless life, and into that of a person who really cares for his lost friend. Alright but now I think Van (the main character) does notice that Dio does die and it is not really necessary (not the right word here) to note his death because he die with honor knowing that he did really care for someone in the end.]
I hope that helps you it's my take on everything, but you are right that it is overlooked.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
daxomni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Dio's death was merely a comedic device IMO.] Or maybe I was the only one laughing. "Oh no, he's gone! {wind blows} Ahhhhhhhh!" LOL! Thank you for reminding me of this event. It gave me yet another good laugh just thinking about it. Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1