• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fanimecon 2006 3 minute video (fan festival )

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Hello!,

I figured since there is a lot of talented people on the forums, that there would be interest in this new media at Fanimecon called 3 Minute Video (part of Stage Zero). There hasn't been much of a response which either people don't care or there hasn't been enough promotion for this.Hopefully it is not that people dont care and so I can give heads up for all the budding movie makers and animators on the net to submit. I really hate to see this crash and burn being a fanime staffer and all. So like onegai (おねがい) and stuff! Here is the information below with URL. Thanks guys! Smile

Quote:

From the Fanimecon 2006 website:
quote:
Three Minute Video
This is an idea for those of you out there who've had a really good idea. Either it was for masquerade, or a spoof, or maybe you wanted to choreograph a kickass fight scene. But something got in the way. Your masquerad group was determined to do Sailor Moon, again, or maybe you couldn't see the point in making a two minute parody of Cowboy Bebop because, even though it was agreat idea, where were you going to show it off?

Right here!

Three Minute Video is for those great ideas that simply failed to see the light of day. The idea is, you grab your friends, grab a video camera, and start performing. It takes but a weekend. Now you can show off that kick ass fight scene you wanted and edit together that two minute joke on Cowboy Bebop, and still perform on stage with your friends that Sailor Moon skit that they'd all been planning for masquerade since last year. All videos will be shown at the new Stage Zero venue or during midnight madness depending on content. So you're almost guaranteed play time.

Now Fanime is a convention for a specific audience, so we've come up with categories specific to what we think Fanime is all about, and we'll be grouping these videos as such:

Anime Spoof, Asian Film Spoof, Video Game Spoof: all these are essentially the same thing, you want to copy/make fun of a certain movie/game/anime go for it!

The Otaku Life: Or as I call it, Livin' la vida Otaku, we all know there are certain aspects to being a fan of any kind. We are all varying degrees of geek and nerd. And if there are some amusing aspect to living that life you want to make fun of, go right ahead. I do expect many jokes about bathing. Soap and water folks!

Life at Con: Exactly that,what goes into making a costume? How fun is it to show off? How creepy is it when the fanboys and girls gather? Who knows, but now we can document it, and find out, on the big screen. Tell us your experiences, gripes or general thoughts on con life, make a video and send it in!

Now I understand there may be subjects that Fanime is about, but they aint listed here. So if you think we're neglecting a Fanime subject then make mention and we may just add it. And if you want to mix and match themes, go right ahead, we aren't picky.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1