• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cro-Magnon Band's Tsuyoshi Kosuga Arrested for Cannabis

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Um, no one's being arrested for the nuclear disaster, but some guy gets busted for weed? I guess their legal system is as corrupt and misguided as our own now. Rolling Eyes

"Hey, you! You didn't stop the earthquake or tsunami from happening, so you're under arrest!"

That's basically what you're saying, and it sounds completely stupid.

Why would someone be arrested for something caused by a natural disaster? They took as many precautionary measures as possible at the plant, but no one thought there would be an earthquake or tsunami as big as there was.

On the other hand, taking drugs is a purposeful action, and can make people do stupid things, hurt people by lashing out without thinking, cause accidents while driving, etc. etc. etc.

It's a lot more harmful in the long run, and selfish to do, since your decision affects more than just yourself.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote
jmaeshawn wrote:
On the other hand, taking drugs is a purposeful action, and can make people do stupid things, hurt people by lashing out without thinking, cause accidents while driving, etc. etc. etc.

Just going to say that a person on weed is just about the most mellow, laid back person ever with violence being the last thing on their mind. There is no lashing out. There's a reason why the hippies were all about peaceful protests. People on the stuff just want to sit back and giggle and have "deep" discussions.

And as to the driving - I don't approve, but everyone I've known who has driven while on it is the most overly cautious driver ever, and thinks 10 miles an hour is "too fast" so they drive like little old ladies, and try their best not to look suspicious when really the super slow speed is a dead give away.

When you get down to it it's pretty funny to watch sometimes.

But beside recreational purposes that make it safer than alcohol in comparison - there's tons of medical benefits that make banning it just stupid to ban.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
jamae: Actually, that's not what I'm saying at all. For one thing, like Bush and Katrina, Tepco knew that a tsunami or quake could've breached the effing reactor, and that the reactor needed to be replaced, but didn't do shit. Plus, the damn reactor was supposed to be replaced a decade ago.

Quote:
Why would someone be arrested for something caused by a natural disaster? They took as many precautionary measures as possible at the plant, but no one thought there would be an earthquake or tsunami as big as there was.

No, they didn't. Hence they should be held accountable for negligence at the least. Hell, if we're lucky, those BP not-so-nice-people might be tried for manslaughter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4