• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A little topic: Games to anime Which ones would you want?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hybridtheory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I know they usaully have the quality of game to live action adaptations, but what video games would you want to be an anime.

1)Metal Gear Solid: It would be an OVA or a mini series. I don't know it'd just be great to see MG Rex animated.

2)Soul Calibur: Yes, I thought tekken the anime was medicore, but think about it. It wouldn't be that deep since it's based on a fighting game.

3)Jet Set Radio: If you played this game you would know what I'am talking about. It'd be pretty unique storyline wise.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Duck Hunt. and the Metroid series.
Case

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Pong. Space Invaders. And of course, Centipede.
Cgoten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII and Dance Dance Revolution. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:57 pm Reply with quote
King of Fighters! If Playmore could get someone to do a King of Fighters anime I'd be in love! Even better would be an anime to explaine Capcom vs. SNK! Very Happy We need more SNK anime!

The Last Blade would be a lot of fun too, it'd have a very Kenshin/Samurai Deeper Kyo look and feel to it.

Chrono Trigger has needed an anime for the longest time now. Keep the designs done in Toriyama's classic style and basicly just keep it running through the games longest story complete with Crono's death and resurection. Why hasn't this happened yet!?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
floor182

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:47 pm Reply with quote
grand theft auto
lots of action
they'll have to come up with a more extensive storyline though
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Easy. Look at my avatar. I'd kill for a good anime adaptation of the Castlevania series, particularly Symphony of the Night and White Night Concerto/Harmony of Dissonance. They've got to do it full out, right down to Yoshitaka Amano style character designs. I can already see the fangirls fainting in the aisles at their first glimpses of fully-animated Adrian Farenheights Tepes (Alucard) and Juste Belmont.

Hmm. I smell Vampire Hunter D crossover in the brewing, too. You all know of the many rumors that Konami took ideas for Castlevania from the Vampire Hunter D novels, right? What better way to come clean than Alucard and D fighting Dracula together?.... Okay, there are better ones. But I like the idea.
Aya Reiko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:18 am Reply with quote
Vampire Savior (a.k.a. Darkstalkers 3) - As long it's at least on par with the Vampire Hunter OVA, I'd be happy. (Plus I'm curious how Lilith would be used.)

Any one of Blizzard's three franchises: Diablo, Stacraft, and/or Warcraft. Any one of the could make a good OVA or TV series.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
~squeak.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:28 am Reply with quote
How about Atari's E.T.? That would surely be as great hit as the original game was. Too bad everything would have to be shades of green.

...Or the good old Rogue?
#############
#...............O.....#
#..N........@...>...#
#......$.y............#
#....................../
#############

More seriously though, I would like to see Grandia II made to an anime (if it hasn't). The game already has a plot (albeit a bit cliché) that just begs to be made to animated film or series.
PuertoRicanMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:00 am Reply with quote
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust already has a game on PSX. It was alright if I remember the reviews, it was geared to fans of the movies. I've been keeping an eye out for that and Blast Lacrosse, but Im too lazy to go find them.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:47 am Reply with quote
Metroid and Zelda (Not like that campy 80's verison)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:10 am Reply with quote
PuertoRicanMan wrote:
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust already has a game on PSX.

Yep, though strangly enough the anime was based on the game and not the other way around. I own the game and boy was I excited when I found out the Bloodlust movie was being based on it!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:48 am Reply with quote
Hybrid: "Metal Gear Solid"

That already happened with the Escape from New York anime. ^_-

Emerje: I wish they'd put out more Fatal Fury anime myself. It's not like Masami Obari's doing anything right now....

Ataru: "Metroid and Zelda"

There's some manga which was published in Nintendo Power, if you can find it on E-bay.

As for myself, I want them to do a Mega Man X anime. Capcom finally endorses a Mega Man anime, and they have to base it off the Pokemon rip-off! Not that Battle Network isn't bad, but I'd rather see Zero in action. And while I'm bringing up Capcom, they should do something with Strider and Captain(and Bionic)
Commando. I'd also love to see a Dead or Alive anime.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:22 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

There's some manga which was published in Nintendo Power, if you can find it on E-bay.

I know that much. I have the Zelda Graphic Novel that Nintendo put out years ago based on Link to the Past (Pretty good, if you ask me.), but I won't mind seeing an anime based on the game series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
OneAnimeFan

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 11:59 pm Reply with quote
ChronoTrigger would make a great anime! It has a wonderful storyline, interesting characters & of course time travel! I would really like to see it!

I also think Parasite Eve could be turned into a interesting although somewhat dark anime.

I've heard the Lunar games were anime at some point. Does anyone know anything about this ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3