• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
inuyasha magna

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nimatoad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Is their two inuyasha manga's because I saw one called "inuyasha" ,and one called "inuyasha the feudal fairy tale" are they two and if they are witch is better or are their only one .

Please help/
Tiresias

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:03 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know, they are both one and the same, it's just that the one called only "Inu Yasha" is Viz's new format for releasing the graphic novels, which by the way are cheaper than the originals they put out. By the way, I have vol. 1&2 that say Feudal Fairy Tale, and looked at the others, and haven't noticed anything removed, which leads me to believe they are just the newer format. Hope this helps.
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:57 am Reply with quote
Yep. "Inu Yasha" is just a reprint (re-releasing) of the original release "Inu Yasha: A Feudal Fairytail". Nothing is changed but the size and price.

"Feudal Fairytale" is comprised of volumes 1-12. All of the volumes done after volume 12 (at last check, they are up to vol. 28 in Japan) will be done in the new format.
Masayume

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:28 am Reply with quote
Just a minor detail, volume 30 was the latest to come out in Japan, with 31 on the way and 32 well in the works. How far it plans to go. I don't know but from the looks of things we might see an end soon ^^
NawkXela

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Inu-yasha was originally called Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale, but after the anime and now the new revised covers of mangas they decided not to include that part of the full name.
Yuki555

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:32 am Reply with quote
I didn't know that, but I'm glad they took it out. Somehow, I don't think of InuYasha as a fairy tale but more of a...legend or something like that.
Masayume

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:11 am Reply with quote
Inuyasha is basically just Inuyasha in Japan, but for instance, in the recent episodes they've talked about 'Sengoku Otogizoushi' which is basically where the translation for 'fairy tale' comes in. 'Sengoku' is basically sort of where the 'feudal' comes from. The Sengoku Jidai or 'Warring Era' is the period in which Inuyasha is set in, around the 16th century. While 'otogizoushi' means 'fairy tale'/'fairy tale book'.
Yuki555

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Ohh, I see. Thanks for the info.
herbkir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:08 pm Reply with quote
THose who've been following the IY manga know that it's now up to Chap. 319, which starts Vol. 33. The story in the last most recent volumes concerns the search for the final fragment of the Shikon jewel, which seems to be nearing its end. So are we to the final chapters of the Inuyasha story? Presumably, that last shard will be found and the jewel restored. Completion of the jewel will have to be the catalyst for the final revelation of what happens to Inu, Kagome, Kikyo, Naraku and all the rest of the IY cast, don't you think? The anime in Japan currently is up to 119 episodes, corresponding roughly to Vol. 28 of the manga, while the first 36 anime episodes we've seen on Adult Swim cover the first 14 volumes of the manga.
I think we may see the final Inuyasha manga chapter by Sept. unless Rumiko Takahashi can think of another way to keep the story going. So, do you think the final chapters of the IY manga are imminent? (^_*)
BuffaloStyle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:22 am Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
I think we may see the final Inuyasha manga chapter by Sept. unless Rumiko Takahashi can think of another way to keep the story going. So, do you think the final chapters of the IY manga are imminent? (^_*)

Well, as they say, "All good things must come to an end". I think that the series has run it's course and many fans are really looking forward to seeing the final decision in regards to Inuyasha, Kagome and Kikyo.
4elements5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:11 pm Reply with quote
You guys are lucky. Inu-Yasha the anime only just started in Canada and we are on episode 8 or so. I WANT THE MANGA BOOKS TO COME OUT!!!They are all on hold adn we only have vol.1-14, but Vol.13 is "in process" and vol. 14 is "on order" they do things so slow!! I can't buy it, since my parents won't let me. Hmph.
Minoru-sama

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:02 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to see the manga have a nice ending and not drag on forever, but I really worry about this since it's by Takahashi. I kind of doubt that the manga will end though before the 3rd movie is released in Japan in December.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:26 am Reply with quote
It's sad that InuYasha will be coming to an end, but it 33 volumes is a really long series. It's probably time for it to end. I'm also happy that the InuYasha manga appear to be coming out more quickly here (in the U.S.) than other Takahashi works. Didn't Ranma 1/2 take forever to get released here and all the volumes haven't come yet?! Ehh...InuYasha is better than Ranma 1/2 anyway. Wink
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:43 am Reply with quote
Now, I don't know if Inu Yasha will end just becasue they get the jewel togather. I hope both worlds get effected (IE: The final bunch of epiodes of Fushgi Yugi.) But, who knows. Rumiko knows how to end a series in a way to make everyone really happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:25 am Reply with quote
^^

Sbe also knows how to drive a story into the ground.

Remember Ranma?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2