• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Graphic novels....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalGalaxia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I was wondering, does anyone know if Fruits Basket comes in graphic novel form or if the manga themselves are available in English? I have seen up to episode 22 and it's absolutely adorable!!! I would love to check out the manga but I can't read Japanese very well and cannot find an English version.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

^.^ Thanks.
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Shouldnt this be in the manga thread
Tiresias

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Nope, they haven't been brought over here yet, but I would think it to be very likely that they will eventually bring it over here, at least judging by the popularity of the anime. I know I first got the anime by fansub and watched the entire thing, then when it started coming out on DVD I got the entire series as they came out and watched the whole thing again, even managed to get the 4th disc a week and a half before they went on sale while at Anime Central. I have since destroyed the fansub discs and when the manga does come out, I plan on buying them as well.
RoyalGalaxia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Oooops, I'm sorry for puting this in the wrong area, but thanks for answering my question Tiresias.

Yah!!! I hope it comes out soon!! Now I have something to look forward to!!! I am currently viewing the fansubs as well, but as soon as I have time for a job that is first on my list to buy all of the Fruits Basket DVDs and manga when available.

Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused and the trouble of moving it. (I'll try to be more observent of the forum placement from now on)
spewmuffin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:15 pm Reply with quote
RoyalGalaxia wrote:
Hello everyone, I was wondering, does anyone know if Fruits Basket comes in graphic novel form or if the manga themselves are available in English? I have seen up to episode 22 and it's absolutely adorable!!! I would love to check out the manga but I can't read Japanese very well and cannot find an English version.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Anime smallmouth Thanks.

I kindly refer you to the following page:
animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3851

The announcement was made in Anime Expo 2003.
If you're looking for more official news, take a gander at this page:
http://www.tokyopop.com/news/press2003/2003_fruits.php

--
SpewMuffin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1