• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
tokyopop's new acquisitions...?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saturn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:44 am Reply with quote
has anyone else read this? according to animeondvd.com, tokyopop has pages set up for manga series including: ai yori aoshii, get backers, psychic academy, pitaten, saiyuki, and fruits basket, plus some others O.o I've checked the links and the sites actually exist on tokyopop's page, although they are basically blank.
i guess tokyopop really DOES want to liscense every manga O.o at this rate, scanlations will be as obsolete as fansubs.
kira kira
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:05 am Reply with quote
This sounds like it could be good news for us all - the more titles that Tokyopop has the more other companies will want to compete to get in on the market. The better deal those of us who read the mangas get.
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:18 am Reply with quote
As long as the part about Cyborg 009 (and it's the original C009 manga and not some remake) is true, then I'll be very happy. Now if only the original anime would get licensed...
spewmuffin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I've been jumping up and down in glee after hearing AX and SDCC announcements! I've been waiting for Hana Yori Dango, Fruits Basket, Ai Yori Aoshi and Rurouni Kenshin to get licensed...

It's been a good year for mangas and for TokyoPop and Viz.

--
SpewMuffin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:39 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of interested in Getbackers, looks like it might be funny
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1