• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
sanbyaku wrote:
Back to topic, i heard somewhere that there would be a second season to haruhi if its true then i´m looking foreward to it, but on a more important note... Where on earth can i buy the manga, i´ve searched all over and either its sold out or i have to pay s*it loads off fees for import goods Mad very pissed of right now

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times throughout the history of the thread, but apparently the Haruhi manga isn't really good. You'd be better off with the original source material - a series of light novels - although these also I believe have not been commercially tranlsated into English. But if you look around the internet you can find a fan project that has the first 7 or 8 of them translated into English.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Season two pics from Newtype found via AoD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm hearing that the new season is going to be a remake or it's own original story rather than a continuation of the first season. I hope to God they don't do that. What's the point?
Animastryfe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
I'm hearing that the new season is going to be a remake or it's own original story rather than a continuation of the first season. I hope to God they don't do that. What's the point?

Where have you heard this? I have heard nothing beyond that it is being made.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quote
Animastryfe wrote:
Veoryn87 wrote:

Where have you heard this? I have heard nothing beyond that it is being made.

Oh, just rumors across the internet. Someone mentioned it on the SOS Brigade group on Facebook. Not exactly reliable, but there's a chance.....
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:

It's going to be a continuation, but they aren't going to call it The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 or second season or anything like that. It will apparently be based primarily on the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya novel, so the title will reflect that. I think the magazine article asked like they are going a completely new series, but its supposed to be an in-joke of sorts, a reference to events in the novel, or something like that.

It will be a continuation, no need to worry about that. Doing an original would be a big "screw you" to the fans and it would be stupid to do that.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Veoryn87 wrote:

It's going to be a continuation, but they aren't going to call it The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 or second season or anything like that. It will apparently be based primarily on the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya novel, so the title will reflect that. I think the magazine article asked like they are going a completely new series, but its supposed to be an in-joke of sorts, a reference to events in the novel, or something like that.

It will be a continuation, no need to worry about that. Doing an original would be a big "screw you" to the fans and it would be stupid to do that.

I kinda figured they'd change the first word of the name to reflect the novel they're mostly basing it on. Thanks.
Showsni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Judging by those pictures, it's clearly based on Disappearance. But there's probably not enough material in just Disappearance for a whole season, so what else will they be showing? Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, almost certainly... Any other ideas? (Snow Mountain Syndrome? Endless August?)
kazuma91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I heard the official name will be the ,spoiler[vanishment of haruhi suzumiya]
HackTsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Veoryn87"]
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Veoryn87 wrote:

I kinda figured they'd change the first word of the name to reflect the novel they're mostly basing it on. Thanks.

Look here :
http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/06/06/suzumiya-haruhi-no-yuutsu-new-animation/#comment-10025

Its like a open forum about second season.
I hope they dont remake it.. why to change Haruhi?.
Dust Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
I've been hearing about this season 2 since nearly a year ago, and it's taking waaaaayyy too long...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
According to a source of mine, Kyonko is supposed to make an appearance in the next season.
loka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quote
so i just saw the Kanon trailer on ANN's new video page. at the end of the trailer the narrator was mentioning how it was from the people who brought us Air TV and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. only he said pronounced it Hurahhee. i listened to it again to make sure i heard it right. is her name seriously pronounced like that by the english dub? i'm hoping he just got the vowels mixed up that time.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote
loka wrote:
so i just saw the Kanon trailer on ANN's new video page. at the end of the trailer the narrator was mentioning how it was from the people who brought us Air TV and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. only he said pronounced it Hurahhee. i listened to it again to make sure i heard it right. is her name seriously pronounced like that by the english dub? i'm hoping he just got the vowels mixed up that time.

You're just now seeing that? Hehe. I can imagine that that outraged a LOT of fans on the internet when they saw that.

Anyway, they do NOT pronounce it that way on the actual series, so don't worry. Smile
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quote
Has there ever been an announced ETA on the second season? I keep thinking Bandai will put up something where the old website was for the first season but last I checked there was nothing.

By the by, I made a 98 on my Middle Eastern Politics presentation that used the Gaza Haruhi picture. I'd been waiting for a chance to use it in something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 147 of 213