• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Masaaki Yuasa & I.G's 'Kick-Heart' Runs on Toonami Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Loved Cat Soup, Kemonozume and Mind Game. I knew very little of this project and had no idea it was completed. Looking forward to seeing this. You know you're in for a wild ride when Yuasa is in the credits.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote
While we're on the subject of the credits, I swear I saw ANN's Zac Bertschy in the credits under "Special Thanks". That's pretty cool.

Last edited by RogueJedi86 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
Awesome! Loved Cat Soup, Kemonozume and Mind Game. I knew very little of this project and had no idea it was completed. Looking forward to seeing this. You know you're in for a wild ride when Yuasa is in the credits.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
I didn't expect this. I'd seen the idea suggested, but I didn't think that they'd actually do it. Good on Adult Swim for it. It's a cool short with a similarly cool provenance and I'm glad to see it be given opportunities for wider attention.

RogueJedi86 wrote:
While we're on the subject of the credits, I swear I saw Ann's Zac Bertschy in the credits under "Special Thanks". That's pretty cool.

I can confirm from my blu-ray copy that you certainly did see his name. Justin Sevakis' and Christropher McDonald's names are in the credits as well. The interview on ANNCast of Kick-Heart staff gained considerable support for the fundraising campaign, so the hosts and their publisher were given a special acknowledgement in recognition of that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3