• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2003 Gathering

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spatula

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Anime Expo 2003 is creeping around the corner (July 3-6), and I am planning on staying at the Anaheim Hilton. My friends will probably set up a computer and/or console so we can play games and/or watch anime. I will try to get some flyers up with some pics of Queen of Heart '99 a 2 on 2 fighting game for the PC (the craziness of this game is unbelievable) - maybe we'll play some Melty Blood or 8 person Saturn Bomberman. So if anyone here is going to Anime Expo 2003, keep an eye out for The Spatula or post here for some details if you're interested in a get together of some sort. It's always fun to put a name to a face.

Oh, one last thing, is anyone going to go to the Ranma 1/2 Farewell Party on July 4, 2003 at the House of Blues, Anaheim? Maybe we can meet up there - remember to RSVP by June 27 (this Friday!).
LordRobin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:45 pm Reply with quote
The Spatula wrote:
Oh, one last thing, is anyone going to go to the Ranma 1/2 Farewell Party on July 4, 2003 at the House of Blues, Anaheim? Maybe we can meet up there - remember to RSVP by June 27 (this Friday!).

Well, I may and I may not. As I understand it, it's invite only. I got sent an invite. My girlfriend did not. Ditching her on Friday night would be a Bad Thing. Razz

------RM
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Plus they said RSVP does not guarantee entry meaning those punks at Viz pulled an SPJA and didn't rent enough space.
The Spatula

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:17 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Plus they said RSVP does not guarantee entry meaning those punks at Viz pulled an SPJA and didn't rent enough space.

Even worse, they just sent me an email telling me that there was no longer any space and I can't come Evil or Very Mad

To add insult to injury, they offered to sell me several Ranma 1/2 merchandise at low prices! Bah! I bought the first three seasons of Ranma 1/2 on VHS, dubbed, when there were only 2 eps per tape @ $30 each... and I have the soundtracks... and the original comics, the American sized single issues, not the collected graphic novels (they didn't exist when I was collecting them)! Their offers are like a slap in the face to me...

I have some choice words for Viz, but I try not to swear on public forums...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1