• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anybody going to the convention in Chicago and quick Q?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I have kind of been a casual fan over the past few years. I just moved to Chicago, and it's kind of good timing. I thought that I might go to check this out, as it's only a few miles up the road from me.

I think it's Acen or something similar to that. May 7th ish?
Anyway, I just wondered if these cons consisted of pretty much teens or people in their mid 20's to 30's as well. I don't mind either way, I am just curious as to what I may be walking into. lol

Take care and maybe see you there! Smile
Pwolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:13 pm Reply with quote
yea, thats acen... mostly people in their teens or early 20s but there should be a sizable number of older attendents. I'd say expect chaos... the hotel lobby is usually packed with tons of people 24/7. if you've never been to a con before (of any kind) just expect a lot of people. if you are familar with how bad anime fans can get, imagine 80% of those people as rabid anime fans.

Pwolf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1