• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ouran High School Host Club Gets Live-Action Show

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:14 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Miss Hachiko wrote:
Yeah, Shun's way too popular these days. I loved him in Stand Up!!, especially since he played a soccer player who only loved soccer. xD
That was also a surprisingly good show, wasn't it? I began watching it reluctantly, thinking it was probably a stupid so-called "sex comedy" about four horny teenage boys trying to lose their virginity; yet it really, really threw me for a loop and ended up being very good. I also felt that during the course of this drama I saw Ninomiya Kazunari as Shohei transform before my very eyes-- I started out seeing him as this gawky teenage boy and somehow, by the end of the series, he'd become an attractive young man. That's some pretty impressive acting. He's been one of my favorite actors ever since. Anime catgrin

For me, it introduced me to Shun, Yamapi and Nino. xD And Nino is also one of my favorite actors too. ^^ Though...It's because I'm a biased Arashi fangirl. xD Plus, it was when Yamapi was still playing a cute funny guy, rather than his serious roles today, makes me miss watching him as Akira from Nobuta wo Produce. Dx

----

maaya wrote:
You know about the Takarazuka theater troupe? They're extremely popular and apparently have a great influence on the popular culture, like mangas.

Oh! I heard of that troupe! They're so cool! Especially during their adaptation of the Phoenix Wright musicals! Though, they're really strict on who plays what type of roles, and in order to be a top star you have to be there for, like, seven to eight years, and you had to go to a specialized high school just to get in.(Which I also heard you had to go audition for.. >.>)
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I know I personally most likely won't care for this adaptation having seen j-dramas in a similar vein as ouran, and I'm sorry cheese is cheese and what might not be cheesy in an anime because its animated and things often must be exaggerated in order to charaterize, these things do not translate to live action easily imo. However, when it comes to live action dramas, the Japanese have very different taste than mine, so I'm hoping they all love it over and it eat it up with a spoon because I'm certain if this ouran j-drama does well enough over there that there's a good possibility they'll come out with another season of the ouran anime and quite honestly I'd much rather see that.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:
The Holy American Empire wrote:
This.....seems like it can only go horribly wrong.

100% TRUTH!!!

Japanese acting is bad....really BAD!!!

I would much rather have Season 2 of the anime than this.

I am disappoint....

Same here, they should hurry up and make Season 2 so FUNi can license and dub it.
nightmarematerial

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote
At the top it says with Yusuke Yamamoto
but at the bottom it says Tamaki is played by Mamoru Miyano.

I hope this is a mistake, I love Yusuke.
xxsilverxx

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
nightmarematerial wrote:
At the top it says with Yusuke Yamamoto
but at the bottom it says Tamaki is played by Mamoru Miyano.

I hope this is a mistake, I love Yusuke.

umm dude........go read da last paragraph again! it says dat mamoru miyano was da dude who vioced tamaki in da anime ....he is not playin da part ....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5