• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Manga Moment That Just Occured

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I work the front desk at a hotel and we have a big group of middle schoolers staying here right now. They all just came back from the local mall and so many of them had manga they had just bought from the bookstore. The Wallflower and Tokyo MewMew were the titles I recognized for sure. This stuff really is popular now. Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:42 am Reply with quote
Surely a good thing for us manga readers. We cannot rely only on anime to bring this wonderful culture to this country.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I witnessed something similar recently. I saw a little girl at the bookstore, about seven years old or so, begging her grandma to buy her the most recent volume of Inuyasha. Her grandma said something like, "I've already bought you the same book twenty times! The story isn't any different from the first one I bought you, just the pictures on the cover are!" at which the girl proceeded to throw a tantrum. It was kind of funny, in a sadistic laughing-at-crying-children way. Mostly I felt sorry for the grandmother who spent $200+ on her grandchild's hobby.
Wakaiba

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I had an intelligent conversation about Gonzo the other day with an eight-year-old.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I had an intelligent conversation about Gonzo the other day with an eight-year-old.

You know that Gonzo is also the name of a character on The Muppets, right?

Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh my god I just fell out of my chair!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1