• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quote
This skin is aggrivating my eye condition. Blue and Grey was easier on my eyes.
Twage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:11 am Reply with quote
These colors... burning my eyes...

Romuska wrote:
I'm not buying the game because 97% of all anime based games suck, but the new skin is a nice touch.

The Naruto games f-in' rock, though.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:15 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
This skin is aggrivating my eye condition. Blue and Grey was easier on my eyes.

Then change it back, my darling fairy-elf princess.
RyoShin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:06 am Reply with quote
I'm digging the skin, but there are a few issues:

1) the sidebar being all red+white really works against the yellow/orange over the rest of the layout.

2) I have a black gap on the right side of my screen (1280x1024 resolution) about as wide as the right sidebar.

Someone really needs to clean up the layout. It's not a bad layout, in my opinion, but too often advertisements really mess it up; either it's stretched too high, or the right side is stretched in width, so it doesn't look that great. The little bars along the header also just cut off abruptly...

Regardless, I don't own a PS2. :P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:29 am Reply with quote
The reason why I didn't like the Fuccon skin that was up a while ago was not because the Fuccons are too creepy, but because of the really annoying color scheme. While I can see how it applies to Naruto, you really should have tried to come up with a different color scheme, because I remember that some other people complained that it hurt their eyes.

At least everyone knows that you can change skins now, unlike before.
Ein, the wonder pup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote
Kick Folgers to the curb

"The best part of wakn' up"
"Is a splash of New ANN in your cup!"
Kidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quote
"would you like some fries with that?" Razz

Yeah i agree... the colours do clash. The banner looks awesome but the side bars remind me of the local fast food joints.

I reckon this game will be pretty sweet. Think of those insane cross-over beat-em-up games (like when they mix Street Fighter with King of Fighters or the Gundam fighting games) except more flashy with insane special moves etc. Sounds good to me Anime smile
beast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:15 am Reply with quote
nice artifacting, I can tell by the pixels
Ryusui

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote
"Sponsored by Bandai Namco". Wow, just when I was afraid they didn't care about the PS2 games. They actually paid ANN to turn the site into one big ad. Anime hyper

Anyway, I'm buying Ultimate Ninja, a.k.a. Narultimate Hero, not because I'm a Naruto fan (I get all the Naruto I want for free with better things, like the rest of the Toonami block or the other Jump manga I pay $5 every month for Anime smile), but rather because I want to support CyberConnect 2. (Tail Concerto owns.)

...With this, .hack//fragment will probably be the only game of theirs never to hit the States.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Can we at least have fair warning next time that ANN is gonna change skins the next time they decide to have some contest or promo offer?

I was tempted by the new Naruto game before (something to stem my likes of racing games untill Xbox360 decides to get some more racing games for their library and does a price drop) but this sudden color clash gimmick has severely affected my decisions to purchasing said game.

If a company can't even respect my health concerns (I have very sensitive vision issues with certain color combinations), why should I even consider to buy their product??
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
"Sponsored by Bandai Namco". Wow, just when I was afraid they didn't care about the PS2 games. They actually paid ANN to turn the site into one big ad. Anime hyper

...With this, .hack//fragment will probably be the only game of theirs never to hit the States.
What's new about a website change it's skin. GameFAQ gets away with atleast 2 times a month. If it's not an military skin, it's some super hip, really fly (sorry if my street lingo is out of touch) game. As for .hack//Fragment, it's coming soon to the US. Hold your horses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say the new skin is better than the old one (it looks a little too bright to me), but it's nice to see a change up once in a while. I do hope they start doing this more often. Well, unless we get subsequent server crashes again!
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: Please don't mock people. -TK]
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Can we at least have fair warning next time that ANN is gonna change skins the next time they decide to have some contest or promo offer?

This would likely depend on the terms of the contract and how fast it is negotiated. Its also somewhat counterproductive to "warn" people about a marketing campaign.

Quote:
If a company can't even respect my health concerns (I have very sensitive vision issues with certain color combinations), why should I even consider to buy their product??

As if they knew about your health concerns...

You're being silly. It's not that I'm not sensitive to your issue, nor that they are insensitive to it, but your issue is so rare that its impossible for companies to think about it in advance. Imagine if , every time we changed skins (either as advertisement or redesign), we had to consider that some of our hundreds of thousands of readers might be, in some way "allergic" to the colors we pick?

"Dear readers, are you allergic to bright colors? Yes, 3 of you are, okay, what about dark colors, oh 6 of you don't like them because you have a hard time focussing? What about..." In the end, it probably isn't posible for us to pick colors that every one of our readers can deal with. I'm not talking about "tastes / preferences" but real issues like yours.

What we can do, and do do, is offer the skin changes. If you don't like, or can't handle these colors, change them.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:16 pm Reply with quote
RyoShin wrote:

1) the sidebar being all red+white really works against the yellow/orange over the rest of the layout.

Some people have been saying they really like the red, but not the orange Anime smallmouth;

Maybe we'll play with the skin a bit later in the week, but we can deviate much from what the advertisors already aproved...

Quote:

2) I have a black gap on the right side of my screen (1280x1024 resolution) about as wide as the right sidebar.

This should be fixed now.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3