• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach + Wii

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. We can make Wii jokes AND jokes about big swords at the same time!

I'd have to think gameplay mechanics would be similar to that of Red Steel.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

Nah. Red Steel is an FPS. I can't see a Japanese developer making a game that is intended to sell well with a first-person perspective.
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
There are several wii games where you hold the nunchuck attachment and swing the controller. The nunchuck is very small and very light. If you find yourself getting tired holding the wiimote in an hour you are so out of shape even a 1 year old is stronger then you are.

It is quite easy to control the wii. Not all games were calibrated since they only had about two weeks to make the demos.

The games from what has been said will have calibration settings for the more complex ones.

Most of the gripes were from known Nintendo haters, others wanted to gripe because they didn't think about the play test.

A newcomer would find a fps pretty easy on the wii. Something coming off a console fps would have to make an adjustment but once done you are extermely good at moving and aiming with your character.

It's one of the reasons why any FPS on the wii will have to have incredible AI to keep up with the player. F.E.A.R. is what every FPS is going to go in terms of AI.

The enemies in Red Steel will pick up the grenades you threw and throw them back. Instead of going around objects they will actually jump over them and even support one another. As well as react to what is going on.

Reason why console AI is so scripted or outright dumb is because the controls hinder the user when facing such AI.
Bissrok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I've never liked Nintendo much. But if anything's gonna get me to buy a Wii, it's this.
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Gonintendo.com links to a bunch of scans of a mag carrying screenshots of the new wii game.

Also the site has scans of a Naruto RPG for the DS.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

Nah. Red Steel is an FPS. I can't see a Japanese developer making a game that is intended to sell well with a first-person perspective.

I mention it because Red Steel has swordplay, and even if it's a third person perspective, there has to be some sort of mechanics.

Maybe it'll be more like Twilight Princess. I don't know. It's just conjecture.
patch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote
Noticed this (unforunately poor quality) picture posted on another forum, but with no information on the source, assuming it's Famitsu?

Can anyone translate?

hikaru393

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:10 pm Reply with quote
hear are better quality pics of the game and the picture above is from a magazine in japan.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/833/833630/imgs_1.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
hear are better quality pics of the game and the picture above is from a magazine in japan.

OMFG! This game looks incredible. A must-buy. Let's all pray for a U.S. release.
patch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
hikaru393 wrote:

OMFG! This game looks incredible. A must-buy. Let's all pray for a U.S. release.

etter yet, hope that US Wii will be able to easily play Japanese games (like the Gamecube with Bootdisk)
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:59 am Reply with quote
Since the Wii will be able to DVD movies, there will be a reigon code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
patch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Since the Wii will be able to DVD movies, there will be a reigon code.

Even the GameCube has a region encoding for games, it's just with the FreeLoader bootdisk, you can play games outside your region.
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
Even the GameCube has a region encoding for games, it's just with the FreeLoader bootdisk, you can play games outside your region.
Well, in rumor department, Nintendo with it's 24Connect thing will have patchs or whatever to block out any mod chips, boot disc, or what have you, or pull a Sony, where you boot up a new game, a patch is installed. But hey, has that stopped anyone before? Nope. It might be easier and more ligit just to get a Japanese Wii and play it that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2