• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2006-06-09]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanachan01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
hanachan01 wrote:
One things that's really bugged me is non-anime slash being called yaoi or shonen-ai. I've heard 'Harry Potter yaoi' or 'Teen Titans shonen-ai!' being thrown aroung, and it's annoying. Don't use Japanese terms just because they're 'hip'. They mean something different than what you're trying to say!

hmmm... So where does that put Japanese artists who create, say, male-male Harry Potter doujinshi? Are they creating "slash" because the original work is Western or "yaoi/BL" because the artist is Japanese?

I don't really care that much what it's called ... just wondering what happens when the lines cross.

I usually call it slash still, because it's still based off of a non-anime property. However, I've heard people call it yaoi/Bl/shonen-ai as well, so to each there own!

@Wolverine Princess- Yeah! That bugs me too! I was hanging out with one of my friends who pointed out a gay male couple to me and said it was like the stuff I read. I told her that real gay couples and yaoi are two totally different things, and that I like staring at fctional ones, because staring at real ones could be considered stalking.

And yelling "KAWAII!" at them, besides being annoying, is considered verbal sexual harrasment, if they know or have an idea of what they're saying.

And the forum's kids you're talking about, are they from Gaia? Because the way they talk, it sounds like it. Nothing irks me more than bad grammar. Sad
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
hanachan01 wrote:
And yelling "KAWAII!" at them, besides being annoying, is considered verbal sexual harrasment, if they know or have an idea of what they're saying.

I don't think going up to two gay guys and calling them "cute" is a crime, least in the U.S. You know that whole bill of rights thing is still around. However it is bad judgement, as you may be in for an ass-beating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Great column Zac. I particularly enjoyed your replies to not one but TWO Flakes of the week Laughing very amusing

This weeks rant was pretty good and gave me an alternative view to a "genre" of anime I tend to avoid.

I've got loads of guilty pleasures, for some reason I really like watching obviously childish shows like Animal Yokocho and Keroro Gunso. I find them hilarious. My biggest guilty pleasure is probably Ranma 1/2 -_-' I find it ridiculously funny and no matter how predictable and formulaic the episodes are, I still love the show to bits.
zaya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
The question im asking is in the naruto epidso's in japan, I already know that sasuke turns on orochimaru but who wins?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7