• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime on Encore WAM, Starz Action

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:24 am Reply with quote
Mirage of Blaze has been airing for a while now. I can't comment of the other shows, however.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:19 am Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
CCSYueh wrote:
Mirage of Blaze is on WAM now-on at least a 2nd run-last of the OVA eps aired something like Thursday because Friday or Saturday we cycled back to ep 1.

No joke - this is old news, seeing I posted most of this information a good two weeks ago in the Anime folder. I swear if the people running this site ever checked that folder they'd have known about it (but of course they don't seem to do that and I've given up trying to hand them tips on a platter).

I do admit that Samurai Deeper Kyo wasn't showing up in the WAM! listing at that time, so that was a surprise. As to Vandread, it ends airing on Friday, though I wouldn't be suprised to see it return later.

An everyone needs to remember -
AniMidnight is going to five days a week and the shows will be repeated at 12PM ET the next afternoon, at least in July.

I don't know why Anime fans who get Encore Pak channels can't wrap their heads around the fact that AniMidnight can and does change times and days but there are still people who still think the show airs on Fridays only when it moved premiers to Tuesdays over a year ago (so I figure there will be people this time next year going "what do you mean its on five days a week?") Rolling Eyes.

And I started a thread
about this 2 weeks ago.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
LOL! Agreed that this is old news.

More importantly though, anyone who actually licensed "The Tribe" and scuttled it the way Encore did, makes me nervous when they get their hands on anime.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:

More importantly though, anyone who actually licensed "The Tribe" and scuttled it the way Encore did, makes me nervous when they get their hands on anime.

I've been watching anime on Encore for 6 years now and I don't have a problem with them showing anime. I'd rather watch anime on Encore then Carton Network.
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:

Doesn't matter if its old news, . Also, Tribes always came on during the block for as long as I've been watching it, so I don't know what this nonsense is about scuttling it?
Anime Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to have to pay attention to WAM more often.I'm missing out on some titles I would like to check out like Mirage of Blaze.After seeing Vandread on WAM for the millioneth time I quite looking at that channel. Goes to show...you snooze you lose!!! Crying or Very sad
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:35 am Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
And I started a thread
about this 2 weeks ago.

Which is where I posted my stuff - I guess they don't read that forum.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:40 am Reply with quote
You could've e-mailed them with the info.

News Submissions, Press Releases, etc:
newsroom[at]animenewsnetwork.com
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:53 am Reply with quote
Nobuyuki wrote:
You could've e-mailed them with the info.

News Submissions, Press Releases, etc:
newsroom[at]animenewsnetwork.com

Been there, done that, never get a response. BTW, I believe that contact address is for professional press releases. Since were just fans who read online guides I doubt they have any interest (and my just get mad) if we sent them news items at that address.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:36 am Reply with quote
It was a news submission from a fan that got the information on the front page in the first place. That's why it says, "Thanks, Sweetfreek!" at the end of the news article.

It could'a been you... Wink
Yoda117

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:49 am Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
Yoda117 wrote:

Doesn't matter if its old news, . Also, Tribes always came on during the block for as long as I've been watching it, so I don't know what this nonsense is about scuttling it?

When they make a big deal out of something that's been known for a month or more, I don't see why it needed to be a headline here. Hence the comment about old news.

And yeah, watch it in NZ or the UK, then come back here and watch "The Tribe" (not sure what Tribes is, but I'll have to assume you meant the same show)... BIG difference.

Not that it matters anymore, Ray pissed off everyone so much that they killed off the one show that he did well with Smile
yuzumo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
umm... when is eiken on and what channel is it on? i live in USA in California...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2