• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Tops Japanese Box Office

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
uncutpokemon wrote:
cool so then anyone who refuses to see the movie gets their name written in the book
Eh?

I would love to see this movie, granted I have yet to pick up a volume of Death Note, but it still looks awesome. I love the fact that they used Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs in it.

I'll definately pick it up if a movie company licenses it and brings it to America.

I love how the song Dani California has nothing to do with Death Note at all. Did the creators read the lyrics? It's all about America. I think they should have used Dir En Grey or something of that nature.
energydan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I've been lurking here for a while, but this thread has forced me to finally register.

For the love of god, you guys who are bashing the manga...please have some patience. Just keep reading. Read another volume or two and you'll be more than satisfied, just trust me. That's all I'll say, just trust me and the others who have insisted you keep reading. Have faith in the author, you'll be rewarded for doing such.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
hehe, i'm not gonna say those who bash it need to "keep reading... you'll understand" because more than likely they already decided they don't like it and there's nothing anyone can do to keep them from being stubborn about it.

If they don't want to read it? Their loss, but if you stopped reading, especially in a series like this where it's all about deception and thinking ahead, you HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE SERIES.

Having said that though, I agree that the corporation plot was not quite as interesting as the beginning; what IS interesting isn't what the company people do (as it is as predictable as Light said it would be) but rather how they are DEALT with.

What I really like, and I know most of you out there do too, is that it is one of the most realistic stories about how people would deal with being put in a situation like that. Predictable? Maybe, but so are real people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I love Death Note, and I expected total hell from this movie (particularly with a certain original character whom we will not discuss), but I've heard great reviews that completely countered the horrible rumors.

I have the heart to watch it now. I can't wait!
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote
selenta: I did like it. It just doesn't deliver enough pay-offs right now.
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:44 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
benny:
Quote:
Volume 6 is just completely different from what you expected.

What I expected was action, not some convoluted Rube Goldberg set-up. And then the author just throws it all away anyway and insert some stupid random but predictable situation which was anticipated by the characters, thus defeating any actual tension which previously existed. I keep wondering if Hideo Kojima was a guest writer on this one. Rolling Eyes

Hideo Kojima is a brilliant writer.

Volume 6 was great. You're just a horribly impatient person.

Volume 7 is my favorite volume in all of Death Note. Hang in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:33 am Reply with quote
I just saw it today Anime hyper And believe me, Fujiwara Tatsuya`s performance to me was definetly better in this movie than in BR. He was cool, slick, and really played well with his character. And banzai to RHCP.
Spikemcruffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quote
jj

Last edited by Spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely interested in watching this movie.

However, what did they use for the shinigami, or were those alltogether absent?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Spikemcruffy wrote:
How can you be watching this movie if your not in Japan??
Anyway I love Death Note , I'm actually disappointed that the first movie ends around volume 4 , makes me wonder what they're gong to do with the second movie (8 volumes!!).

If you have been looking in some of the other forums then you would know that I am on my vacation right now in Japan.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
From http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/international/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002726165: Nippon Television Network plans to make an animated version of the title for television, while Konica Minolta Digital Entertainment is prepping a video game to be released at the end of the year.

I guess it'll be the GTA of Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2