• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bayonetta Game Gets Anime Film by Gonzo in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote
First real badass female protagonist since Hamyuts Meseta.

Seiyuu cast also seems promising.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 am Reply with quote
Not familiar with the game, but the promo video has caught my attention. Will be keeping a watch for it.
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quote
Looks like a fun time.

Strikes me as the type of movie Funi might pick up.
kikis607

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
OMG YES!!! I love Bayonetta, she's so hawt!! *.*
hojo 360

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:28 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
Not familiar with the game, but the promo video has caught my attention. Will be keeping a watch for it.
Do you live under a rock? jk but now that you know there is a game go play it trust me you will fall in love
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 am Reply with quote
Loved the game, although more for the gameplay and action than the story. Still excited for this of course, it's Bayonetta. Just hope it's better than the DMC anime...

Also, I love how its essentially going to promote Bayonetta 2, people who only have a WiiU can watch this instead of playing the original.
daichi383

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:34 am Reply with quote
I don't think y'all are paying attention. Fuminori Kizaki was the madman that directed AFRO SAMURAI. If anythings about this movies gonna be good, it'll be the action and given Kizaki's track record the action will be stupidly awesome as was the case with Afro. Also really glad to see Ai getting to do more character design work. Her designs for the X-Men anime were the best of all the marvel anime. Hope she gets more work after this.
totoum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:35 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Bayonetta's best scenes need to be the fights and I have a bad history with Gonzo's (lack of) fight scenes. I hope we don't get stills of Bayo as the voice actress does all her work.

Have you seen afro samurai?
j Talbain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
This is awesome news! Now come to North America in English Smile
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
Well this is going to be interesting to see. Can't wait to see how this turn out.

Hellwarden wrote:
Looks like a fun time.

Giving that Funimation has release Mass Effect and the horrid Dragon Age anime, it's a huge possibility.

Panon wrote:
If there was ever a phrase that could manage to be worse than "Bayonetta going Wii-U exclusive", it's "Bayonetta anime by Gonzo"

Actually, I question the Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive, I even wrote a blog why Bayonetta 2 may be timed exclusive on Wii U. First, Platinum Game is not owned by any 1st party company. Second, I think this is timed exclusive I mean there is no such thing as 3rd party permanent exclusive, I mean Dead Rising 3 is coming out on Xbox One for now, it might be published by MS but developed by Capcom yet MS has a long history of timed exclusive like Ninja Gaiden 2 (which later got ported to PS3 as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2), Tales of Vesperia (came out on PS3 in Japan only), Star Ocean 4, etc... We saw Mass Effect 1 getting a PS3 port 5 years later after it's 360 release and ME1 was published by MS, now it's on PS3. Even Gears of War is now under question from PS3 owners when it turns out that MS doesn't owned the IP despite being published by MS, and Epic Game express interest of porting Gears series to PS3. Gears could end up getting a PS3/PS4 in the future probably. But seeing Mass Effect 1 getting a PS3 port and Gears of War look like it could get a PS3/PS4 port in the future, also Goldeneye: Reloaded also made me question if Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Well this is going to be interesting to see. Can't wait to see how this turn out.

Hellwarden wrote:
Looks like a fun time.

Giving that Funimation has release Mass Effect and the horrid Dragon Age anime, it's a huge possibility.

Panon wrote:
If there was ever a phrase that could manage to be worse than "Bayonetta going Wii-U exclusive", it's "Bayonetta anime by Gonzo"

Actually, I question the Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive, I even wrote a blog why Bayonetta 2 may be timed exclusive on Wii U. First, Platinum Game is not owned by any 1st party company. Second, I think this is timed exclusive I mean there is no such thing as 3rd party permanent exclusive, I mean Dead Rising 3 is coming out on Xbox One for now, it might be published by MS but developed by Capcom yet MS has a long history of timed exclusive like Ninja Gaiden 2 (which later got ported to PS3 as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2), Tales of Vesperia (came out on PS3 in Japan only), Star Ocean 4, etc... We saw Mass Effect 1 getting a PS3 port 5 years later after it's 360 release and ME1 was published by MS, now it's on PS3. Even Gears of War is now under question from PS3 owners when it turns out that MS doesn't owned the IP despite being published by MS, and Epic Game express interest of porting Gears series to PS3. Gears could end up getting a PS3/PS4 in the future probably. But seeing Mass Effect 1 getting a PS3 port and Gears of War look like it could get a PS3/PS4 port in the future, also Goldeneye: Reloaded also made me question if Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive.

Bayonetta 2 Will always be Wii U exclusive Nintendo owns that game they are funding it 100% That has been confirm in a million different places PG even said people were better off asking if Zelda can go to other platforms. Stop complaining Wii U is an amazing console it has games you want get one play it then you'll understand its greatness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:10 am Reply with quote
Wii U an amazing console? Ha! You'd have to a delusional fanboy to think that.

But there is no chance Bayo 2 will apear on another console. It's 2nd party and 2nd party Nintendo games never appear elsewhere. Look at The Twin Snakes.

The game also only exsist because of Nintendo as said by Inaba. They are funding it and actually marketing it. You think Nintendo would honestly spend money on something and make a big deal about it they didn't have a lock on it? I doubt it.

So yes sadly you need a Wii U for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:21 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Bayonetta 2 Will always be Wii U exclusive Nintendo owns that game they are funding it 100% That has been confirm in a million different places PG even said people were better off asking if Zelda can go to other platforms. Stop complaining Wii U is an amazing console it has games you want get one play it then you'll understand its greatness.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
But there is no chance Bayo 2 will apear on another console. It's 2nd party and 2nd party Nintendo games never appear elsewhere. Look at The Twin Snakes.

The game also only exsist because of Nintendo as said by Inaba. They are funding it and actually marketing it. You think Nintendo would honestly spend money on something and make a big deal about it they didn't have a lock on it? I doubt it.

So yes sadly you need a Wii U for it.

Well guess what, how many time have people said this:

-Mass Effect 1 will never see a PS3 port because ME1 is published by MS, and guess what ME1 got a PS3 port 5 years later. I guess EA might have play a role to get ME1 on to PS3.

-Goldeneye on Wii although it's published by Activison. Many time they said Goldeneye will be Wii-exclusive and no chance of a PS3/360 release, and guess what a year after Goldeneye's Wii release it got ported to PS3 and 360 despite Activision and Nintendo said Goldeneye would be Wii exclusive.

Now Gears of War is under question from PS owners because if you read my last post, Epic Game said MS doesn't own Gears and said they expressed interest of bringing Gears to PS3. Meaning we could see Gears getting a PS3/PS4 in the future.

So looking back at history of exclusives, I still question Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive-ness. If Bayonetta 2 is going to pull a Mass Effect 1/Goldeneye: Reloaded for PS4 and Xbox One. Then all of you are going to look like idiots. You people that yell bayonetta 2 will never get a PS4/Xbox One port never learn from the past (Mass Effect 1 getting a PS3 port, Goldeneye on Wii getting a PS3/360 port)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
You're examples miss something. No one wants Bayonetta 2. It's the reason Nintendo got it. Sega was unwilling to publish and the project was dead.

Platnium has no leverage here either.

EA, EA is a company people will listen to. I'm pretty sure when they bought Bioware there were liscene negations with MS about ME 1 and I doubt MS ever owned the rights. It was bound to come to PC just like another MS published Bioware game, Jade Empire.

With Goldeneye the entire remake was a work around to begin with. Nintendo would not allow an HD port of the N64 game, but probably can't say no to one of the biggest publishers when they say "we're going to make a new game, but I guess will have a limited exclusivity deal". Besides, it's Activision who owns the Bond liscene and it was never a 2nd party game like Bayo is.

That's thing, Bayo 2 is a Nintendo game and Nintendo is notiirious with locking down its crap. Platnium is probably more than happy as well, they get to stay open.

You're examples with Ninja Gaiden don't work. Beyond pulling a Capcom with adding a title to get around whatever exclusive deal(NG2 is only on Xbox *wink*). Temco is still the publisher of thier games and they decide where they go for the most part. Platnium isn't and when Bayo 2 bombs I really doubt any publisher would want it if they could.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Lolita princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
When they do the dub for this they should use the voice actors from the game
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4