Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kadokawa Prints Haruhi's Chinese Comic, 1st Fanbook




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nagato316



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 306

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Chinese government restricts the publication of translated foreign comics within its borders to protect its domestic industry.


I'm curious as to what if any aesthetic restrictions will be put on this Chinese Haruhi graphic novel. For example, how would Mikuru's intro "scene" be handled? (where Haruhi grabs Mikuru's chest to indicate just one of her many "moe points"--no that's not a spoiler!) Officially, Chinese society/authorities frown upon things like that being distributed to the public, don't they?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReiClone88



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 187
Location: Inside a giant tank full of Tang

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Ironically, this method encourages non-Chinese in other countries to pirate the Chinese adaptation just to see what this version is like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3485
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
... ahahaahaha really?? this is to much for me.. well most people i know online that live in china are bigger pirates than I am. Who can really blame at this point?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime My Manga
Weiss_Yohji



Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 115

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Piracy...why doesn't China just give up that whole fudged-up communist thing and join the winning team? What do they think is going to happen? Are they that afraid of legit goods being available with only the bare minimum necessary government restrictions in place?

No wonder we should have made them part of the United States before Mao Tse-tung went and screwed things up by turning them Commie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1694

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The first official guide for the Haruhi Suzumiya light novels will ship on June 15.


Please release this in English, Yen Press!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9542
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
No wonder we should have made them part of the United States before Mao Tse-tung went and screwed things up by turning them Commie.

In 1940s Mao's American sympathizers did a lot by telling the general American population that Chiang was a corrupt, incapable warlord while Mao was an ideologist standing by the poor peasants.


Last edited by dormcat on Sun May 29, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Weiss_Yohji



Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 115

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
No wonder we should have made them part of the United States before Mao Tse-tung went and screwed things up by turning them Commie.

In 1940s Mao's American sympathizers did a lot by telling the general American population that Chiang was a corrupt, incapable warlord while Mao was an ideologist standing by the poor pheasants.

Then he had to go turn to the dark side and become a filthy, filthy Commie. Why not just side with us good-guy capitalists instead?

With all the censorship, oppressing Tibet, et al, it makes perfect sense for America to take over Red China and turn it capitalist (With Tibet, we could let them vote on either being an American territory, statehood, or for full independence. Why must they allow their government to stomp on all manner of freedom instead of revolting like they need to? They should tear up everything reminding them of their regime and even take a big, steaming shit on Mao's corpse. If all else fails, we've got more than enough nukes to turn Beijing into Nevada.

Or we could just send all our criminals over there to colonize the joint like England did with Australia. Whatever works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjaclown



Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 194

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Whatever you say, buddy. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 9542
Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan, ROC

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
With Tibet, we could let them vote on either being an American territory, statehood, or for full independence.

I don't think Tibet's Anglo-Saxon master would agree. Tibet sold itself to Britons (which was never recognized by either Blue or Red China) even before the first communist state i.e. Soviet Union was ever established, and way, way before Red China. Britons wanted Tibet to become a "buffer state" -- much like Mongolia and Choson to Russia and Japan, respectively -- between itself (British India, to be exact) and China.

Take more history lessons, kid.

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Why must they allow their government to stomp on all manner of freedom instead of revolting like they need to?

Monks and landlords, the upper castes of Tibet, were stripped off power after CCP entered Tibet. Just how much do you know about lives of Tibetan peasants, past and present? Do you know Tibetan monks used to make religious artifacts with human skin and bones?

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
They should tear up everything reminding them of their regime and even take a big, steaming shit on Mao's corpse. If all else fails, we've got more than enough nukes to turn Beijing into Nevada.

Or we could just send all our criminals over there to colonize the joint like England did with Australia. Whatever works.

I don't know what makes you such an extreme Sinophobe, but you should not use those hate words here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group