• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AX sells out of Miku concert tickets.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hardgear

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
Well, apparently people can no longer buy tickets to the Hatsune Miku concert at Anime Expo. Apparently this is the first time they have ever sold out of concert tickets (wonder how this makes the live performers feel). This is important, because it lead to a mindset among the attendees that has now been shattered.

If you look through the AX forums, you see people saying they feel sorry for anyone who pays for concert tickets, cause they never sell out and they can always get in for free 10 minutes before the concert and get a decent seat to boot. The fact that nothing has come close to selling out before lead to this way of thinking just being justified.

Now however, with the Miku concert completely sold out, people are going absolutely NUTS. Everyone who didn't buy a ticket cause they were relying on there being plenty of seats left have now basically missed their chance to go see what is possibly the only American Miku concert ever. It's sad, but I can't help but find it ironically funny.

Also, how much y'all wanna bet that a sizeable chunk of the available tickets were bought up by hardcore Japanese fans coming to AX this year specifically for the concert?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote
I bought my ticket the same day they announced the concert. I was that worried that they were going to sell out and I wouldn't be able to get any.

Actually I do believe there were a couple of AX concerts that did sell out in previous years. Namely the Gackt one and I think the Hyde one.

I didn't know about the standby seating arrangement for concerts until this year, but then again the fact that I don't live in CA and showing up for these concerts isn't like driving down the street and just showing up. Everything has to be planned in advance for me so I buy my tickets as soon as I first hear about the concerts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1