• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rurouni Kenshin OAV 2 director's cut

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnewhous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote
I didn't see anything about this in the reviews section, only for the director's cut of the first OAV.

I've seen the first episode of the 2nd OAV and I didn't care for it. However, I'd like to know what they added to the director's cut. What I'd really like to see is an OAV style redo of the fight with Saito, or maybe Soujiro.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:16 am Reply with quote
They didn't add anything. They took out stuff, actually.

They combined the episodes into a single movie and they chopped off the top and bottom of the video to make it look "wide screen."
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quote
dnewhous wrote:
I've seen the first episode of the 2nd OAV and I didn't care for it. However, I'd like to know what they added to the director's cut. What I'd really like to see is an OAV style redo of the fight with Saito, or maybe Soujiro.

Um, yeah. Then you'll want to avoid the Director's Cut. These DC versions usually imply an added scene or two, a transition to link the episodes together, and maybe added/subtracted music from particular scenes.

You won't be getting the real version of Jinchuu or a redo of any fights from the series in anime form anytime soon, if ever.

The popularity if Kenshin in Japan isn't what it was, so more than likely, we won't see any new anime of it either. I'm sure Watsuki-sensei is ready to move on as well.
dnewhous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
They didn't add anything. They took out stuff, actually.

They combined the episodes into a single movie and they chopped off the top and bottom of the video to make it look "wide screen."

According the the running times at Animenation the first OAV goes from 120 minutes to 220 minutes and the 2nd goes from 60 to 98. Even if they cropped the image, that's a lot of extra footage.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:34 am Reply with quote
Try reading this then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1