• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN on G4's Attack of the Show: Video and Transcript

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaybug39

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:55 pm Reply with quote
JMays, I feel sorry for you. And I congratulate you on a fine job is an awful situation.

The interviewer sounded bigoted. The screenwriter left me doublenonplussed. That was a girl? Man, I'm sorry, I thought it was a Man Faye sort of thing. Embarassed

I do wish the transcript was written like a play, each person's lines had their name alongside. It left me feeling like I was reading an ADHD gab fest. Confused

Wish I could have been there for moral support! What would a 6' tall, 210 lb. guy with graying hair, cracking his knuckles at every stupid sentence uttered, have done for the preconceived notions? Probably changed not a thing.

Guess I'll have to continue my boycott of this inane channel. I liked it when it was Tech TV. But now the co-host of The Next Step is an anchor with CNN, and it's all been downhill since.
AttackoftheShow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys, didn't know if this had been posted or not, but the video from yesterday's Loop can be found here http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/AOTB/post/619438/Fat_Men_in_Sailor_Moon_Costumes.html.

I thought it was a really good segment, sorry if you feel like Kevin rushed things Embarassed
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
AttackoftheShow wrote:
Hey guys, didn't know if this had been posted or not, but the video from yesterday's Loop can be found here http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/AOTB/post/619438/Fat_Men_in_Sailor_Moon_Costumes.html.

I thought it was a really good segment, sorry if you feel like Kevin rushed things Embarassed

It was a good segment, although the question at hand makes me question the initial intent of the show. Does anime Suck? That alone makes me think that the Show already has a preset feeling on anime. And yet AOTS is going to Comic-con (which does have anime) for their exclusive coverage, just makes ya wonder.

Otherwise as for Kevin rushing things, I wished the segment could of been longer but I realize that it was live TV, and that you have a preset amount of time for each segment.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:46 pm Reply with quote
AttackoftheShow wrote:
Fat Men in Sailor Moon Costumes
Rolling Eyes Out of the millions of titles for a artical, why in the @%$* did they went with that one? That would be great if they had men, of the large size, on the Loop talking about why they cosplay as female, but wasn't the whole thing, about "Does Anime Suck?".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
bluepita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
AttackoftheShow wrote:
Rolling Eyes Out of the millions of titles for a artical, why in the @%$* did they went with that one? That would be great if they had men, of the large size, on the Loop talking about why they cosplay as female, but wasn't the whole thing, about "Does Anime Suck?".

Think that's bad? Did you go to the site?

Quote:
Posted by dvinson - Wednesday, July 19, 2006 11:48 AM
Anime.

People really love anime. People really love cutting themselves and watching Two and a Half Men, but loving something doesn't necessarily make it good.

That is the intro. First time I have ever seen loving anime compared to self-injury... Almost as scary as some of the posts under the video (haha).

Anyway, I enjoyed the segment. It wasn't too bad for a short clip, and at least Mays did a good job.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Quote:
G$ has no right to call anything sucky. They are the lowest-rated cable channel for a pretty good reason.

Why do people insert the "$" somewhere in the name of any company they don't like (like 4Kid$, for a more commonly used example)? Isn't the point of every business to make money?

Of course not. It's the point of every bussiness to bow down to the whims of people who complain about them on the internet. And if they refuse this sacred duty they are branded with the scarlet $, so their evil can be known to all. Take Micro$oft, for example. They had the audacity to not shut down completly and go out of bussiness even after some guys on a Linux forum said they should! And then Bill Gates goes around giving millions of dollars to the poor-which is obviously a plan to make the Mac look bad! And Di$ney? They make movies for kids! Those monsters!

Anyway, now you know.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote
In the end, it's all a conspiracy conceived by the NHK.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I think G4 was probably just trying to get people to stop sending angry emails for not having anime when they promised they would...but it's likely they are just going to get more death threats after this.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:06 pm Reply with quote
LadySage wrote:
Mink from Dragon Half. It was actually a fairly well-made costume, enough so that if I say her walking around at a con, I would definitely ask for a picture. HOWEVER, on a show where she is supposed to be claiming that most anime fans are relatively normal people, that particular costume was not a good choice. I get the sense they asked her to at least cosplay, though, and they really didn't give her any chance to speak or defend her fandom at all. Her purpose was really, "Look at what freaks those anime fans are lolololol"

I personally thought she was cosplaying as a strawberry milk producing cow with wings, guess I was wrong on that one.

I agree, G4 (and yes I think the $ was a mistake cause I also do it all the time) has gone downhill since, well, it became G4. Things like what happened on this show is why I turn to games and anime, as well as foreign shows. Ever since I started with Sailor Moon when I was 7 I've liked anime, and I won't stop liking it, and low-blows like this guy was making just makes me sick. It's like going to an NRA meeting and saying "You're all idiots who tote your guns around with you all the time and shoot at everything that moves."
HezaChan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
otakuQT wrote:
Quote:
--I gotta ask Heather, do you think the superfans are maybe scaring the casual fans from getting into anime?

Well, sometimes I think that they do. But if they actually sit down and talk with them, then they'll find out that they're just normal like them.

Define normal....

wats abnormal about being passionate about the things you love? and how did they pick her for the interview??? if ya want to know something about a "superfan", u ask a "superfan"!

Heh, well you think i'm not a "Superfan?" And I am VERY passionate about the things I love. Its hard to be UBER excited when you are in a studio all by yourself and can't see the people you are talking to. And Normal I mean, they don't think that anime is everything, and that there are way more to life. Most Cosplayers aren't scary like the sports fans. We enjoy being passionate about what we love. If you don't believe I'm a real fan.. then question me or even visit my cosplay site.

I'm sorry if that's what you think of me. And they randomly picked me off of Cosplay.com while doing forum trolling. They asked me to be really hyper and stuff.. but I'm not gonna look like a total idiot on tv.
HezaChan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Aresef wrote:
Yeah, why was the cosplayer there? She didn't even have all that much to say. The debate was also falsely advertised. It ended up being "Do anime FANS suck?"

They asked me to be on randomly. I didn't know why I was there. I did want to say things.. but the whole interrupting was pretty lame.. especially if they weren't really DEBATING if anime sucked. It was falsly advertised.
HezaChan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
otakuQT wrote:
God Gundam wrote:
Yeah, I gotta give Jonathan props for showing Gibson what a total idiot he is.

But they really didn't need Heather there.I find it ironic that a discussion on anime featured some fat girl dressed as a wierd bat-like creature with gigantic boobs trying to explain that most anime fans are normal people. Rolling Eyes

what was she cosplaying as?

Thanks I felt the same way.. that i'm fat with gigantic boobs.. oh yeah. I was cosplaying Mink from dragon half. They asked me to wear that one. I wanted to wear a different costume but they requested that one twice. I'm not fat at all. I weigh 130lbs and I'm 5'6". Thanks for that.. I really appreciate it.
HezaChan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote
LadySage wrote:
Mink from Dragon Half. It was actually a fairly well-made costume, enough so that if I say her walking around at a con, I would definitely ask for a picture. HOWEVER, on a show where she is supposed to be claiming that most anime fans are relatively normal people, that particular costume was not a good choice. I get the sense they asked her to at least cosplay, though, and they really didn't give her any chance to speak or defend her fandom at all. Her purpose was really, "Look at what freaks those anime fans are lolololol"

Thank you but I'm not fat at all... -_- The camera and lighting were bad. And if you don't believe me you can visit my site to see better pictures:

http://coffeepotramen.50webs.com/mink.html
HezaChan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:20 pm Reply with quote
jaybug39 wrote:

The interviewer sounded bigoted. The screenwriter left me doublenonplussed. That was a girl? Man, I'm sorry, I thought it was a Man Faye sort of thing. Embarassed

Yeah.. man faye.. you try sitting in a stool like that in an uncomfortable costume that they asked you to wear.. I know a lot about anime.. They didn't even ask that many questions to me or anything. Thanks for the open insult. What did I ever do to you?
HezaChan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:

I personally thought she was cosplaying as a strawberry milk producing cow with wings, guess I was wrong on that one.

Thanks for the compliment! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9