• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ANN on G4's Attack of the Show: Video and Transcript

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
They randomly picked me off of Cosplay.com while doing forum trolling. They asked me to be really hyper and stuff....They asked me to wear that one. I wanted to wear a different costume but they requested that one twice.

At first I thought all the rampant G4 bashing in this thread was immature, but for them to force you to wear a revealing outfit and scream like a hyper fangirl is fat-headed bigotry. What buttholes.
Ko-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quote
When I watched this clip, It gave me a real mixed feeling about everything. I thought it was rude adding a sterotype to anime anime fans or otaku, not all otaku are obssesive, I really like how the guy here at ANN tried to represent that not all otaku are obbsessive, that is to be envyed. I will admit I love anime and it can do wrong yet it can do alot of things right, thanks for taking time to show the good side of otaku person for ANN. Very Happy
HezaChan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Ko-chan wrote:
When I watched this clip, It gave me a real mixed feeling about everything. I thought it was rude adding a sterotype to anime anime fans or otaku, not all otaku are obssesive, I really like how the guy here at ANN tried to represent that not all otaku are obbsessive, that is to be envyed. I will admit I love anime and it can do wrong yet it can do alot of things right, thanks for taking time to show the good side of otaku person for ANN. Very Happy

Oh yeah you better believe anime can do wrong. What about Lolicon or Shotacon? (Underage anime/manga/game characters engaging in sexual activity) You know that shit is sick.. yet its all over in tokyo subculture. So yeah anime can do wrong.. also with Fist of the North star. But then you have awesome animes like, Saber Marionette J, Paranoia Agent, Puni Puni Poemi, and many others that redeem anime's greatness.

I would never choose japanese animation over any type. I'd watch them all! Japan isn't the "mother land" either is anyplace else. Every country has its ups and downs, and you can't judge a whole culture based on a subculture.

I've been into anime since I was 14, I'm 21 now and anime has changed a lot since then. Better graphics, better sound, better storylines! Now that anime is so exposed, you get a lot of the bad crap overlaping the good. You can't base anime off of what's on tv.. like Pokemon, or Flint the Time Detective. Take the time to either rent or buy a short series like Bastard!!! or a movie such as Tokyo Godfathers - then you'll see anime's full potential.
jaybug39

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
@ HezaChan;
That was not a very attractive photo of you. I didn't linger to verify that it was a woman. I'm sorry, but that was not cute or sexy to me. Beauty is in the eye of the [i[ beholder[/i]. I bet to me you would look a whole lot better in the clothes you wear to work everyday.

What you did do, was play into the hands of people who wanted to make anime look bad. That's why they asked twice. And then ignore you so that you look stupid too.

I think now, if I ever cosplay, it will be for Halloween. I'm an odd duck, always have been. Hell, even Robin Williams told my friend that I was a real weirdo. But I am not about to go out of my way to make myself a point of ridicule. Why? I am not a saint, and may do something we all regret.

Look, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time about this, I really am. I should have kept my mouth shut. I have been bad about this for a couple of weeks now. I must have been saving up or something. Because I have been pissing all kinds of people off. Gee, what would happen if I really tried to piss people off?

How about doing Lina Inverse?[/i]
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:02 am Reply with quote
jaybug39 wrote:
@ HezaChan;
That was not a very attractive photo of you. I didn't linger to verify that it was a woman. I'm sorry, but that was not cute or sexy to me. Beauty is in the eye of the [i[ beholder[/i]. I bet to me you would look a whole lot better in the clothes you wear to work everyday.

What you did do, was play into the hands of people who wanted to make anime look bad. That's why they asked twice. And then ignore you so that you look stupid too.

I think now, if I ever cosplay, it will be for Halloween. I'm an odd duck, always have been. Hell, even Robin Williams told my friend that I was a real weirdo. But I am not about to go out of my way to make myself a point of ridicule. Why? I am not a saint, and may do something we all regret.

Look, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time about this, I really am. I should have kept my mouth shut. I have been bad about this for a couple of weeks now. I must have been saving up or something. Because I have been pissing all kinds of people off. Gee, what would happen if I really tried to piss people off?

How about doing Lina Inverse?[/i]

Yeah I wasn't happy with what they did, they made me think something else was gonna happen. Like I was acutually going to argue about what series are good, and why anime on tv sucks compared to things you search for in the store. Cosplay isn't for everyone and I understand this. I do it to compete, and its really fun and you feel good about yourself when you're on stage. They made it sound like they would have 2 people for anime against one. They really left me out of the convo.. and didn't leave me with much material to argue with. It's alright.. and about lina.. Anime hyper what a crazy outfit. That shoulder armor is the shit though...
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah I was happy with what they did, they made me think something else was gonna happen. Like I was acutually going to argue about what series are good, and why anime on tv sucks compared to things you search for in the store. Cosplay isn't for everyone and I understand this. I do it to compete, and its really fun and you feel good about yourself when you're on stage.

Happy?! Why an Earth are you HAPPY? They made you a cone-breasted, bat-winged laughing stock on live television! They put you on the show so bigoted, obnoxious idiots watching TV in the middle of a weekday laugh so hard they spray bits of their deep-fried Twinkies all over their carpet. I honestly feel really, really sorry for you. I'm not trying to put you down or anything like that; it's those bastards at G4 that conned you into this that I'm angry with.

EDIT: Ah, sorry. I see you edited your post so it now reads that you aren't happy. Sorry for ranting over a simple misunderstanding.

Last edited by Wolverine Princess on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
HezaChan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
EDIT: Ah, sorry. I see you edited your post so it now reads that you aren't happy. Sorry for ranting over a simple misunderstanding.

EDIT: -- It's alright Anime smile; Yeah, I wanted to wear my Mii from Popotan costume, less revealing, more cute, and not so much damned hair in my eyes.. I thought also that they'd ask more meaningful questions. Everytime they called they told me to be Hyper, to smile, and to interrupt and defend anime. I told them I would.. but did I? Hell no. I defended in what parts I did think to be wrong, but everything else.. leave up to the big guys.

Last edited by HezaChan on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
ThisIsKat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quote
wtf? Has no one ever seen Dragon Half, that's really sad because it's hilarious >.<

Okay but yeah that segment wasn't exactly suitable towards their title. The dude from AN annoyed me >.< Talk about using Straw Man tactics... but yeah didn't seem like an appropriate discussion for comic-con, which is mainly about comics 0_0 Should have brought in creepy lady (Butler). Oh well, Hezachan hardly got any chance to talk, everytime she wanted to break in to discussion they drowned her out. Oh well, that's debate for you.

Last edited by ThisIsKat on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I noticed. Embarassed I edited my post, too.
LordRobin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:15 am Reply with quote
Wow. What a blatant attempt to make anime fans look like freaks. And what an utter failure at it. You could almost hear the wind leaving Gibson's sails.

"But you'd watch anime over anything else, right?"

"Of course not!"

"..."

------RM
candeh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:20 am Reply with quote
This was another prime example of why Attack of the Show is a complete waste of airtime. I love how they were obviously trying to make anime fans look crazy by making HezaChan dress as Mink, and JMays totally bursted their bubble. What a bunch of hacks. Also, great job for that "math and science" quip, Gibson - way to look like a jackass.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote
Out of everything he said, the most intellegent line that Jon Gibson uttered was -

Quote:
Oh.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quote
I finally was able to watch it, and there were some very interesting aspects to it. Jonathan, good job out there Smile That last question to me was the one that decided that debate.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
Well, it's always nice to beat people at their own rigged game.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:54 am Reply with quote
The thing was that the pro anime people kept their cool, unlike some political figures.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9