• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
I got a PM from someone requesting the creation of a thread to identify manga (I guess as the sister thread to the one in the Anime forum) so here it is.

Any of you who are familiar with these forums should know how it goes. Now, I'm not much of a manga person at the moment, so I don't know if there're a lot of questions for ID'ing manga, but I suppose there might be.

Also post your opinions if you think this is a good idea in the first place. Thanks.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quote
When asking for manga, this is already known but remember there is a 75% chance that there are two names to a manga (as with anime). It also helps if you know which magazine it ran in (example: Shonen Jump), a reminder that as far as Japanese versions are concerned, there are about 40+ different magazines running over there.
For_TheRoom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quote
I think this is a good idea. Many forums that I have been to contain threads about IDing manga/anime/videogames. So it will help to have a thread about it.
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Ok, here's one. I know absolutely nothing about it, I just think it looks good. The picture is too big, but i'll link to it.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2126/11495122046743uc.jpg
Satanachia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:22 pm Reply with quote
This has nothing to do with the identification of the manga, but holy ass that kick has got to hurt. (Plus that stupid guy hit a girl, he should die Wink )
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:
Ok, here's one. I know absolutely nothing about it, I just think it looks good. The picture is too big, but i'll link to it.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2126/11495122046743uc.jpg

Danzaisha - Tetragrammaton Labyrinth by Ei Itou (いとう えい), serialized in Comic Gum published by Wani Books.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:33 am Reply with quote
Thanks.

Here's another one: I saw this Shojo Beat manga advertised in Shonen Jump a few months after SB first came out. It was about this girl who finds a camera who shows who each person likes. I thought that title might be good if they do it the right way, so i thought of checking it out. But I don't remember the name.Sad
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I_AM_L wrote:
Thanks.

Here's another one: I saw this Shojo Beat manga advertised in Shonen Jump a few months after SB first came out. It was about this girl who finds a camera who shows who each person likes. I thought that title might be good if they do it the right way, so i thought of checking it out. But I don't remember the name.Sad

Ultra Maniac. The part you're talking about is just a subplot and not the central focus of the story, so don’t expect the whole manga to be entirely like the preview you read.
I_AM_L

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:18 am Reply with quote
Wow, look at those huge eyes. Shocked
thanks again. Wink Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote
Years ago I read a manga in the Shonen Magazine, it was about this guy who first, was working for school cafeteria and his specialty was ramen. Then some big headed jochan comes onto the scene and decides to take over the cafeteria with all her factory made food which brings all the students over to her side for a while. So they battle it out for the cafeteria. He eventually wins with his ramen technique. Second, I don't remember how, but he decides to compete in the Ramen Golden Grand Prix. All these happen in all these stages, and the last round is judged by three idols. In the end, he does win the tournament, and that's the end of the story. Shonen Magazine, about four to five years ago it ran.
Kinta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:57 am Reply with quote
Uhm.. recently someone asked me if I knew what the name of a manga was, and after some extensive searching, I was able to find one picture on ebay, and that it was in a japanese magazine called "Dengeki Moeoh".
http://forums.renchan.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=40456&d=1156392420
There's the picture.. It's going to frustrate me until I find out the name >.<
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote
You're sure the name isn't the text in the background?

You probably should mention the picture has some suggestive content... linking to Renchan isn't a good idea here.
Kazuhiko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote
Hey guys! Do you know which Naruto X Sasuke doujinshi these came from? Please? Just the title... I'm really desparate!! Anime cry

WARNING!
What you're about to see is YAOI!
Mr. Green

NaruSasu
NaruSasu 2
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody know the Japanese name of Because I'm the Goddess? I've been trying to look in the encyclopedia, and I also went to Tokyopop but they didn't seem to have it.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Does anybody know the Japanese name of Because I'm the Goddess? I've been trying to look in the encyclopedia, and I also went to Tokyopop but they didn't seem to have it.

神様だもの
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 33