• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessica Lin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
Hello.. does anyone knows an old shoujo manga about a father and his daughter sho was a high school student and they have a shop/a door that leads to a shop that sells things that can grant wishes? It was a 2 volume maga with short stories on each, quite similar to how jigoku shoujo or ghost at school's format with each stories didn't link to each other, the same part is just that father-daughter pair. I read it back the in year 2004-2007 when I was in middle school..
I remember 2 stories:
1. Vampire camilla's lipstick
It's about a girl in a theatre club who lacks confidence, the daughter help her by taking her to the store to see her father and he recommends vampire camilla's lipstick but she can only wear it for a set time or camilla will took over her. Short story, the girl became a star in the theatre and never forget the advice, but her rival girl found out and steal the lipstick to use it and not knowing about the time limit, got taken over by camilla. Story ends with that rival girl sucking a boy's neck at the theatre.
2. Magical surgery knife (scalpel shaped)
About a girl who lacks confidence because of her many freckles and met the daughter. The daughter took her to the store and the father did "surgery" on her. She wokes up and found her freckles gone, the daughter told her about the surgical knife and the girl not statisfed with only dissappearing freckles, stole the knife. She tried the surgery herself, finding the effect of the knife to make her skin like made of clay and can be taken off/transferred anywhere. The girl then becomes a famous photomodel thanks to the knife, until one day she makes a mistake while widening her mouth. In a photoshoot after, her mouth ripped like a "kuchisake-onna"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I need your help searching for them.

I saw this on YouTube about this kid that turn into a vampire after been attacked by a vampire, and had his left side of his mouth slit. He woke up without any cuts and saw a girl he knew from their high school. She explain that she's a vampire and that he's not only one of them, but has the powers to fight against other vampires. When he's transform, a slit cut on his mouth appears as a bat wing. I would like to show you the video but it was deleted now.

There's another manga on same channel with this vampire manga, but it was also deleted and I didn't watch it as much as the other manga. What I can remember remember is it's about zombies and the characters hide inside one of the buildings. A part of me thought that it might be a high school but I honestly don't that it is. If this is a high school it's not the High School of the Dead. The characters design is a different and it's more dark and gory than High School of the Dead. But I could be wrong since my memories of it is vague.

If anyone know about it please let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am Reply with quote
I forgot a name of a manga that I started to read a few years ago. It started out with a kid bing hit by a car but regenerated all the damage. He is later kidnapped by a flying person and taken to an island. That’s all I can remember but if anyone knows the title that would be very much appreciated
Firdaus Roblox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Well i forgot this is manga or manwa or manhua.

I wanted to watch this back but forgot the name

Story: a school get a mysterious game like notification appear saying that every student has skill and must kill or be killed, then it allowed to form a faction, and then the MC is just OP because MC was like ex serial killer or fighter, The leader of faction called as King, and the follower called as people, and the mc got title King Without People. Then someday later some people became like item spawner, if you kill one of them, after dead the item will be spawned. Then mc trying to get out from school but there is like shield in the border of school
Anthrolithos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Hello, everyone! New to ANN, l and looking for help.

I am looking for a certain Psychological Horror/Drama/Romance manga
about a boy who hunts monsters as a kind of monster mascot suit with a revolver.
He saves a girl from a fire, but she manages to capture his transformation with her camera. She then begins to blackmail him into letting her join him in fighting monsters, and they discover that she can slip inside him while he is transformed and wear him much like armour. She is much more gifted in combat owing to her sociopathic tendencies, and there is a strange psychosexual interplay in this subplot between their personalities, likening the closeness they feel while she is inside him to having sex with a lover. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the manga at all, even though it was one that had struck me as unique. I would be very grateful to any manga guru that happens to know the one I am talking about. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:22 am Reply with quote
Anthrolithos wrote:

about a boy who hunts monsters as a kind of monster mascot suit with a revolver.
He saves a girl from a fire, but she manages to capture his transformation with her camera. She then begins to blackmail him into letting her join him in fighting monsters, and they discover that she can slip inside him while he is transformed and wear him much like armour. She is much more gifted in combat owing to her sociopathic tendencies, and there is a strange psychosexual interplay in this subplot between their personalities, likening the closeness they feel while she is inside him to having sex with a lover. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the manga at all, even though it was one that had struck me as unique. I would be very grateful to any manga guru that happens to know the one I am talking about. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Maybe Gleipnir by Takeda Sun?

https://yanmaga.jp/c/gleipnir/
selftheo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Hello,
Anyone knows what’s the name of that YAOI with like a yellow themed cover art, something about to honey you know? I saw it at the library once and next time, poof.
Thanks.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Anthrolithos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:21 pm Reply with quote
shosakukan wrote:
Anthrolithos wrote:

Maybe Gleipnir by Takeda Sun?

https://yanmaga.jp/c/gleipnir/

Aaah! That's the one!! You friend, are my hero! A million thanks to you.
Sen_Theta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:44 am Reply with quote
Hey! Hope you guys can help cause I've spent over a year looking for this one. I think you'll only be able to find it if you have it bookmarked somewhere or just immediately recognize it from the description:

A oneshot chapter in an anthology or collection manga where a fairy gets stranded at a warehouse and discovers a demon(?) Mechanic and a giant war robot humans built in a war against elves. They spend time together trying to fix the robot so they can have another friend when elves that won the war against humanity come to purge the region of heretical materials (i.e. human technology). spoiler[they find out in the heat of battle that the robot isn't self controlled, but is actually supposed to be piloted by a fairy
]

It's a near and dear one to me, so I hope you can find it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:14 am Reply with quote
i felt nostalgic about a manga/comic i read 2 years back.
i dont remember the name.
but i remeber a bit of the plot.
*Spoiller*
the mc is a guy dressed in a space suit with an assistant AI.
he tries to find help by hand radio.
while searching he finds a female redhead knight that tries to kill him.
that situation resolves with them becoming traveling companions.
later on it turns out that the mc is in dungeon and stuck in a time loop.
even later on turns out that he is part of orginasation that was created to stop the dugeons
*Spoiller End*
i really want to find what its name was to read it again.
honestly it had some 8 bit game feel to it.
BrazilianBoi101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys, i need help finding the name of manga i read years ago.. i recall there being an adult good looking woman with big melons & long greyish/white/silverish hair on the cover. The cover was in a worms point of view(search up), which exposed her coochie and she was wearing a black latex or maybe leather type suit that somewhat could've resembled Black Widow(Marvel). I remember in the story that she was accompanied by a kid and MAYBE a little girl too. In one scene i can remember the lady from the cover seducing & taking off her clothes for a shirtless bad guy that was fat & wore a big prayer bead necklace like Akuma(street fighter). He ended up getting mad at her for some reason.. That's all i remember and if anyone manages to find me the manga I'll PayPal/Cashapp them some money

I've literally been searching for years & bought my copy at Books-A-Million

Contact me at [email protected]
Hailcezar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:03 am Reply with quote
So the mangas about a guy who works at a dock his mom leaves him by himself for a guy and he has to quit high school to work full time at the dock there's a girl with glasses that tries to convince him to go back tho he has a ugly best friend who is obsessed with money and i think gets in trouble with loan sharks at one point and in another point in the story he helps out a homeless man by hiring him to work at the dock with him but the homeless man ends up trying to sexually assault the glasses girls he knows so he ends up running away so he doesn't get caught i think there was another part in the story where he ends up stabbing another guy the story had a bit of a melancholy vibe to it and the art style tried to be semi realistic where as everyone is kinda fugly looking and not at all what you would commonly see in manga any help would be appreciated
Amch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Hi huys,

I'm trying to remember a manga I read a few years ago (or I think it was a manhua or manhwa) about a pretty girl and his sick brother that had to submit to a higher position guy. I can't remember if the guy was part of another race which was higher than humans (and hence a supernatural genre) or if he was just richer. The girl had to go to the school the guy went to and I guess saw his soft side when, in one incident, the girls brother came begging the guy and suddenly collapsing due to his weak heart and the girl also collapsing after him (maybe). The guy then spoonfed the girl in bed, something like that. Unfortunately this is all I remember, can't even be sure how accurate it is...

Thanks in advance
Kevin Xiao

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
Looking for a manga that talked about ghosts and humans. The manga has ended and only translated partially but I liked it.

The main character got fused or possessed a ghost. All in order to find his little brother,

In this manga ghosts can be contained in humans and so they can use the powers of those ghosts. Sort of like shaman king only gory and mixed with a touch of pokemon.

The ghosts he possessed names were mama bomber, cat tank, Some buddha thing called Fudou or Faudo, and gourmet something I think that had a ton of mouthes.

There was also a female protagonist that had some sort of writing spirit that contained information.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 32 of 33