• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Outbreak Company (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Ep2 -

This one did a lot of things right. Most importantly, it said a lot without trying to say anything at all. All too often shows will hammer a message at me and I end up opposing it just because they're so pushy. But Outbreak manages to slide all that world depth naturally into the plot. I love it.

Müslix was really cute this episode and I'm glad to hear that she has spoiler[boom mage] potential. That bit with her going that that manga was really touching.

But what I liked most about the whole episode was that he didn't spoiler[instantly take a "My people don't have slavery! It's wrong! Stop now!" stance. Especially when Petralaka was tearing into Myusel, he found a logical way to stop her and promote understanding instead of just telling her she was outright wrong. I'm not cool with slavery either, but to me forcing your ideals on somebody else without desire for understanding is no different.]

I also like that the government spoiler[can't just give them whatever they desire. It's on a tight budget]. This opens up serious and comedic avenues.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Not only that, but it really showed off Shinichi's intelligence. "I just got here, but let me tell you how wrong you are about everything." is a great way to get ignored. Waiting and carefully explaining his viee in a way people will listen to an understand is much more likely to result in actual change.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't enamoured with the second episode as much as the first. Not all that much happened and the loli-dude-maid interaction kind of bugged me. spoiler[Her sitting on his lap just came across as loli-pandering] to me. Anyway, hope the pace picks up next time.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Loli pandering?
They [expletive] changed that scene not to be sexual in the least.
If anything, I hated it for being anti-lolicon by going "CAN'T SHOW IN A SEXUAL LIGHT" as popular in anime nowadays.
Loli pandering my ass.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
Loli pandering?
They [expletive] changed that scene not to be sexual in the least.
If anything, I hated it for being anti-lolicon by going "CAN'T SHOW IN A SEXUAL LIGHT" as popular in anime nowadays.
Loli pandering my ass.

Now I am curious, what happens in the LN?
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
The loli's shots are very erotic in the lap sitting scene.
Like almost showing everything.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:02 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it was loli-pandering to anyone who isn't a fullblown pedo. So sorry you didn't get your heart's desire and see her actually getting jammed. Rolling Eyes
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:10 am Reply with quote
No. It was clearly made tame and devoid of any real loli fanservice, much less pandering.
You go and see any boob monster series and you will see what pandering is.
Also full blown pedo? I think that kind of name calling is a bannable offense.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger, I need to give you a piece of advice. Turn down the lolicon stuff a bit. I like lolis, I like them more than I tend to let on, but you are going way too far. You should be happy with what we get have some level of understanding why decisions to lower it down to not turn off audience is made. If you are not careful you might come across as a little skeevy.

And in my personal opinion there was plenty of fine loli fanservice.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote
Sorry, but there weren't, and if they're not going to include it, they might as well not do it in the first place, and go for another project.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
No. It was clearly made tame and devoid of any real loli fanservice, much less pandering.
You go and see any boob monster series and you will see what pandering is.
Also full blown pedo? I think that kind of name calling is a bannable offense.

The only one who is danger of being banned around here is you. Your constant soap-box whining about a lack of sexualized loli fanservice is not going to win you many friends.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
Sorry, but there weren't, and if they're not going to include it, they might as well not do it in the first place, and go for another project.

There is far, far more to a series (well most series) than just fanservice, let alone a single type of fanservice. Outbreak Company is so far a very interesting series with a lot of potential, and I for one am very glad they chose to adapt it into an anime.

Also, it's not like loli fanservice is the only type of fanservice that gets toned down in adaptions. Anime adaptions are quite often a bit tamer than their manga/light novel counterparts, in terms of violence and sexual content of all sorts. Is simply part of life, and something fans of fanservice have to accept. Or simply stop watching anime.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
You were the person also complaining about the shota butt scene in Nagi no Asukara? Might that suggest you are not a fan of cute crossdressing shota and otokonoko even if they look like lolis? How do you think I feel with how devoid anime adaptations are compared to this genre of manga? You get far more loli fanservice than the type of fanservice I enjoy.

loli = ^.^d <-- Past

trap loli = b ^__^ d <-- Past
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:38 am Reply with quote
No, I actually don't get any.
The few titles that had loli fanservice cut them out even. For example RKB SS.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 am Reply with quote
Wow, episode three was even better than the first two. It's not surprising that this wave of new culture would bring about spoiler[radical terrorists who opposed the change in traditions]. I'm surprised at how solidly written this is, when in the beginning (well before I saw it was from the author of Scrapped Princess I had it written off as some generic fantasy harem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12