• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strike the Blood (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NottJim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
This show is definitely playing off A Certain Magical Index, he practically said "such misfortune" right at the end!

The spoiler[fluffer] line was brilliant as well.

I'm really enjoying it Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
That ending was ridiculous for episode 4. I knew spoiler[Akatsuki would come back though].

The fight was okay I guess. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the OST more than I had thought. So this arc is over and I'm ready for the next. I already see a love triangle brewing here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
aww what's wrong with this season? there are too many immortal characters this season. Character lose his head saving some chick. Moe girl cuts a guy with a bloody sword just because he can't die. Imouto eats her immortal brother's flesh.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
aww what's wrong with this season? there are too many immortal characters this season. Character lose his head saving some chick. Moe girl cuts a guy with a bloody sword just because he can't die. Imouto eats her immortal brother's flesh.

When is Pupa being aired? Anyway there always seems to be a certain theme that is common in anime seasons. Like last season there was a lot of all girl cast anime. A year ago there was an undead season.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

When is Pupa being aired? Anyway there always seems to be a certain theme that is common in anime seasons. Like last season there was a lot of all girl cast anime. A year ago there was an undead season.

it's not air yet, i just saw the trailer, it says coming this fall. "onii chan, onii chan, onii chan, onii chan"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Still going pretty strong, although maybe not strong tension near the beginning as I accidentally go distracted that I was half way through watching the episode and watched a movie.

Animation is usually pretty strong and the general level of design seems to put it above what you expect from shows a just not long ago, like compared to say Index. And although we have the tsundere bits and "what did you do to her" parts, it does not feel as bad as it should.
Yorou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
how many episodes has this series planned

Last edited by Yorou on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
Lol he used her to get aroused so he can bite the girl.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the spoiler[Asagi] ship is rapidly taking on water. That's ok, because Himeragi is cute

Bladeses wrote:
how many episodes has this series planned

Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote
I actually like this show! I'm surprised because it has so many harem elements. Maybe it's because the main couple actually gets along (yay for no stupid "tsundere" abuse!) And none of the other girls, *especially* the little sister, are being played as remotely viable options.

I like the way its playing the vampire thing. A little sexy, a lot scary, only certain ones are immortal-seems good so far. The first villians motives were incredibly weak, but otherwise it was done well. A lot of fun action overall. And spoiler[Kojou's friend from the first ep seems to be a bad guy. Totally didn't see that coming!] Show's got a lot of potential so far!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
Hmm....I wonder if I should pick this back up again. I lost interest after ep 01...but people seem to be liking it and I hate missing out on something great....

Quote:
aww what's wrong with this season? there are too many immortal characters this season.

Because Emiya Shirou was wrong all along. People don't die when they are killed. :'D
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Hmm....I wonder if I should pick this back up again. I lost interest after ep 01...but people seem to be liking it and I hate missing out on something great....

Well, I wouldn't go so far to say it's great in the grand scheme of things. I mean, while it is great for me because I'm tired of how these shows usually go and this is a refreshing change of pace, I don't think it'll win over anyone who dislikes this sort of thing in the first place.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Pretty regular school stuff with some supernatural add-on.
The unavoidable sports tournament this time (well, just the prep part).
This episode definitely felt more harem-like..
Those two looked even more like a couple ^^
It all felt like intro into the main event.
Guess we'll see more next time..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
So I guess this is the new arc.

Well, if anything, there's two new characters introduced, one of them being a spoiler[girl who I assume hold some sort of grudge. Judging by the PV/OP song, she also seems to have archery skills. Then, there's that guy at the end] of the episode that I'm curious about.

As for episode 5 though, I wanted to seespoiler[ Yukina cheer! Damn it, those Shikigami ruined it Evil or Very Mad]

P.S. Yukina looked adorable this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

His classmates are probably wasting their efforts in trying to get his attention on blonde girl, he is obviously all about Himeragi. Have to wonder why she would spoiler[buy so much onions], I would think there would be better places than supermarkets if you bought that much in bulk.

The reason he did not pick spoiler[Himeragi straight away for the party was not that he forgot she is a candidate], and she did not get too mad at least. Still wonder how her organisation spoiler[knew beforehand].

Also her outfit matched the spear and made it look like a cosplay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 14