• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Log Horizon (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
most boring ending that i ever see. The last few eps are so boring.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Very late to the party on the 2nd half but I finally got to watch it. Fantastic show that avoided all the crap I dislike and addressed numerous things I expected to be addressed in a trapped-in-an-MMO-world series, like social order, NPCs, quest reprocussions, etc. I think what made this one stand so far above the rest is that it's a fantasy series in a loose-yet-strong frame of a game.

IMO this is the best representation of how I think it would actually go that can still be entertaining (the best representation wouldn't be entertaining at all, IMO. It'd be absurdly depressing).

Really looking forward to s2. Fall season looks awesome so far.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
It looks like the second season has been confirmed with 25 episodes

This is getting interesting. Now just waiting for a PV Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 1:

Great start for the season! I assume new viewers will have questions soon but it should be more clear as the season goes on if they do it right. We get DATABASE again. Ah, hearing that OP song gets my hyped up. The animation feels a little different though for Akatsuki. I think I can get used to it though.

Otherwise, a solid episode for the setup. This is a 2 cour so it has plenty of time to explain itself. Oh and did I mention the ED song is adorable?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Woooooo! And we're back!

I'm so chuffed the DATABASE is still the opening, it just gets you totally hyped for the episode ahead. I'm liking the design of the new characters that were shown in the OP and preview at the start.

The new season is definitely showing promise, with the mention of Raids and the mystery of the Kunie Clan. Looking forward to next week! And yes, that ED is simply adorable. Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

Bonsai! Log Horizon is back.

The opening song is the same despite different animation. But DATABASE is awesome, so I can't say that keeping it is a bad decision.

The first episode seemed to jump around a bit with not giving full context of the start and end, it is almost as if it thinks that I am not already interested. Well we have a general idea, there is going to be spoiler[a big raid, and the Villain in Glasses is going to try and recruit old friends and enemies]. I wonder what exactly the deal with spoiler[needing 80,000,000,000,000, is it like their plan to cover the costs for the foreseeable future]. Well clearly just spoiler[taxing] will not work, I do enjoy them trying to figure out what stays like the game mechanics and how things fit together.

Hmm, Studio DEEN took over, not exactly sure what that means. It looks to generally have the same staff for directing and music.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Very interested to see spoiler[the old Tea party members] take center stage this season.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
I'm shocked that they spoiled spoiler[Akatsuki and Shiroe's deaths] in the first episode. I'd known it was coming, but the scene itself takes place late in volume 7 (yay, flipping through the book at the bookstore and seeing the illustration for it!).
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Why did they double the size of Kanami's boobs???? This is her in the first season.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Why did they double the size of Kanami's boobs???? This is her in the first season.

1) Different character designer for this season.
2) She's actually using a different character of hers of a different class. So it would not be unusual for details other than the clothing to change.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

1) Different character designer for this season.
2) She's actually using a different character of hers of a different class. So it would not be unusual for details other than the clothing to change.

I see that makes sense. Although I don't like the change Sad. It looks fake.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
also looks uncomfortable, buy yay, Log Horizon is back.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Really digging that new intro, though it's easy to notice a drop in art quality lol I was only able to read as far as 1 light novel volume past the season 1 conclusion, but I have no problems with the order they chose to take. It's a definite but great tease :p spoiler , really
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:

She leveled up.
Kael123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
Intro gives so much information about the whole season. And the series as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 36 of 47