• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Log Horizon (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Game mechanics, huh. Is that what is happening, they are inspoiler[ the middle of an update or patch]? Just as the game has gone spoiler[from world changes before into creation of creatures along the design of the game, Adventurers appearing while it was a game, and then players appearing in the world, it is changing once more]? Adventurers matching thspoiler[eir character gender over time], people of the land going after Adventurers, the spoiler[world expanding], and spoiler[flavour text taking effect]. It is spoiler[becoming more real] maybe?

I thought maybe the scythe was spoiler[just a warning against danger], but it seemed to have spoiler[its own effect where it teleported Crusty somewhere].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
I've been so behind on catching up that I just watched the last three episodes in a row, though it did help with that cliff hanger ending last week.

I have a feeling that thespoiler[ Kunie clan has something to do with the 'murderer' killing spree in Akihabara]. Yes, they admitted that he was a spoiler[member of their guild] but they haven't tried to rectify the situation at all. I think that they are trying tospoiler[ exploit the fact that Shiroe and co. are away.]
I'd also be guessing that thespoiler[ Royal Guard haven't shown themselves], due to the fact that they (the system) believe that thespoiler[ 'murderer' is one of them.]

Onto this episode. It was interesting to see the world's version of the spoiler[death screen/ afterlife]. It looked so surreal, calm and I was expecting Captain Jack Sparrow to appear at any moment. Razz

I hope spoiler[Crusty] is okay. We haven't seen much of him this series so fingers crossed. Maybe the spoiler[weapons attacking owners] are part of the update that seems to be affecting the world?
The spoiler[gender] changing mechanics are very interesting. I had honestly forgotten that some of the spoiler[females could actually be male] IRL. What could be interesting would be the spoiler[gender changes] staying permanent if they were to ever get out of the game.

In all, good episode that with next week's looks like its building up towards an epic battle.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
All this talk about the game becoming more real (and my admiration for Parasite) had me wondering how mating would work in the game, if at all. Have they mentioned that yet?

This episode was probably the worst one of the season for me; it only had two interesting segments--the lecture of change and the scythe scene.

I have two guesses on what happened to spoiler[Crusty:

1. The scythe is a weapon of evil, and since weapons are now experiencing changes according to their description, Crusty could become a villain Smile

2. The scythe originally belonged to some legendary adversary, and that individual has just been revived or something.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
One of these days, anime characters everywhere are going to discover that when pushing people out of the way of danger, it makes more sense to just let your momentum carry you out of the way as well.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
spoiler[I think this is one of the first scenes of real life being depicted even if it's part of what Akatsuki is seeing as a part of a vision.]

Nope. spoiler[We saw Naotsugu earlier this season]. In the manga, the first scene also shows spoiler[Shiroe before the Apocalypse hits]. I know that wasn't the first scene in the anime, but I seem to remember seeing that animated somewhere along the line, too. Could be mistaken, though.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote
I love how when they showed spoiler[Akatsuki in the real world, they went with a much more Seinen art style, rendering her more like a "real person" than the standard "in-game" designs.] It makes me wonder what they actually look like to each other while in the game world, do they look fully like human beings, or do they look exactly like their cel-shaded anime counterparts, or is it somewhere in between, where they look like some Pixar versions of themselves?

As for the deal with the scythe, the girl did say that it had "dark flavor text," which they'll probably go into next episode, but my guess is spoiler[that it involved something like "powering up with each life it takes (which would be a lot during this goblin war) until it eventually consumes its host" or something like that.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7:

Aww, I just can't help but smile at that spoiler[bento this episode. It's adorable! Overall, a good episode with the buildup and more info revealed about a legend from the past.]

Is spoiler[Akatsuki ready for the fight though? I sure hope so. Like the others have said, she needs to take advantage of her speed against that guy and use what she has learned.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to ask a question that I've always wondered... how does a rice ball taste good? Or bad? Or... anything?
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I'm going to ask a question that I've always wondered... how does a rice ball taste good? Or bad? Or... anything?

The flavor varies based on whether or not the maker has washed their hands first. Laughing

Well, I assume the texture also varies depending whether or not the rice has been packed properly. As someone who hates spaghetti/angel hair pasta but loves essentially every other form of pasta, I can say that texture does sometime matter.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:

Most of the time there are seasonings and fillings that go into it. It's not just a ball of plain white rice.

As for the episode, was I the only one who paused to read the flavor text of the other blade in the weapon shop? It read spoiler["A legendary short sword that causes any armor it strikes to instantly rust away, earning it the name Haganemushi, or ‘metal-eating bug’. Any blade it clashes against grows duller with each blow"]. I picked up right away that (references episode preview) spoiler[Akatsuki would get it at least for the battle, and the episode preview proved me right].

Also, the scythe's flavor text, for reference, according to the wikia, is spoiler["God of Death's scythe, which was said to cause calamities with a single swing. A cruel weapon which grants high critical rate with multiple hits. A rare item with high popularity due to not only its performance, but also due to its ill-omened, divine design."] (The novels do this awesome thing where they give the descriptions of the characters' equipment)

Looking at some of the other equipment descriptions, it makes me curious. Akatsuki's original outfit's description reads spoiler["Shinobu clothing tinged to melt into the darkness. Magically increases the abilities of a player when worn in darkness. A common strategy is to combine this kind of darkness magic with night-vision enhancing equipment."] Makes me wonder if she could spoiler[physically melt into darkness now].
mierin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:

Some rice balls are lightly salted to give the rice some flavor, especially the ones that doesn't have fillings in them, or not much filling is used. So you could over salt the rice and end up making it too salty.

And I think people who attempt to make rice balls have trouble packing and shaping the balls to the shape that they want, so they end up with funky shapes. They could still taste good, though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

Was not exactly subtle about what is going to happen, thanks a lot preview for leaving not doubt about it either. You think maybe they could have time to look into the text about the scythe, and whether they have to do raid into the underworld or something.

Also, Lenessia should not turn the magical circle off, it should be a case that though she has friends, she still has a duty to hold. It is not even the worst that monster will get in, but there will be nothing stopping Adventurers from fighting, and someone could take the place by force.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
^ I know, they (the writing) kinda made it seem like it was something she should bite the bullet and do, but it seems like a really bad idea.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
So, I was incredibly impatient and went and read volume 6 last night, because I couldn't wait for the next episode.

And now I can't wait for the next episode even MORE, because the next episode is going to be utterly amazing.

Reading it, though, I'm torn on if I like that they've been mixing volumes 6 and 7 together, even if they do happen concurrently (note: the stuff with Akatsuki is volume 6. The stuff with Shiroe is volume 7. I believe a similar split happened in volumes 3 and 4, with the kids' featuring in one, and the stuff in Eastal featuring in the other, though they came together in the end).

On the one hand, things happening at the same time make sense to be shown at the same time. On the other, we're already "behind" on the stuff with Shiroe's group thanks to the focus on Akatsuki's group, defeating the purpose, and you don't want to break up the action to switch to the other group. It's something that I think works better in literary formats than visual ones.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 2, Episode 7

Was not exactly subtle about what is going to happen, thanks a lot preview for leaving not doubt about it either.

I think we had all guessed what was going to happen next episode, with the weapon description on Haganemushi, but we could have all done without the preview spoiling it for us.

Could be worse; they could do a 'The Walking Dead' on us and return to Shiroe for a few weeks first before concluding the 'Akihabara Raid' with Akatsuki.

Dessa wrote:
And now I can't wait for the next episode even MORE, because the next episode is going to be utterly amazing.

'Akatsuki Curse' you, for increasing the hype levels even more! Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 39 of 47