• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Error Report for Pani Poni Dash!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote
anime#5556

- The name of Miyuki Sawashiro's character is Akane (not Akemi) Serizawa.
- The name of Miyu Matsuki's character is Media, not Madia.
- The real name of Kayo Sataka's character is Sayaka Suzuki; Rokugou is just a nickname. However the nickname is used commonly enough that including both names would be more appropriate than just one or the other.

- Less important, but several of the character ranks are incorrect. Kurumi Momose, Miyako Uehara and Sayako Suzuki/Rokugou should all be at the two star level, while Tsurugi Inugami, Jijii, Behoimi, Media and Otome Akiyama should be at the one-star level.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Update: Found a scan of the outer case for the second ED single, Moonlight Love, that shows the proper spellings of Media and Akane Serizawa. I'll keep hunting for one for Sayaka.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote
You do know about the edit button, right?
(although.. I've got some edits submitted months ago that seem to be sitting there still)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Believe me, I've dealt with more than my share of multi-posting idiots in my travels across the internet. I do know the value of the Edit button.

The thing about just editing, however, is that there's nothing telling other users I've added the edit. There's no "New Post" icon or color change or anything. If one doesn't see the "New Post" indicator, they may assume that nothing in the topic has changed (especially in this case since the topic had been there for over 24 hours) and decide to not check it again.

This may be why you've had edits sitting unanswered for months - no one knows you added them.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:39 am Reply with quote
Heh, that was the one I couldn't find. I own the other CD with the required name and just scanned it so here it is for your convenience:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/paniponi.jpg

I know it's kind of small, I reduced the size (in order to be able to put it on photobucket, but the size looks too small here...). But the name's still readable and that's all that matters here.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quote
I mean the edit button in the encyclopedia....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:46 am Reply with quote
You mean the "Error button"? Yes, he knows about it because I told him... but I said that they'd probably get around to it faster if you posted it on the forums... which I've found to be true from my experience.

Sorry, I know I should have told him to use the "error buttons" since that's what they're there for but this was only going to be a one time thing...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:04 am Reply with quote
Another staff completed the job before I started.

Posting in the forum is indeed more visible. However, I don't want to create an impression that we only correct errors when "poked." It is really tough to browse through 958 new title submissions and 1198 error reports, though.

Hey, I've got a job and a life.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Many thanks to whoever got to this. The one problem I see is that Sayaka/Rokugo is now listed twice (the new, correct one at the two-star level and the old, incomplete one at the zero-star level).

As for posting vs. using the error report function, what PantsGoblin said is true, and also when I first viewed this particular forum in order to post, this topic was one of the first I saw so I thought it was okay. I can use the error report function in the future if so desired.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Kilgamayan wrote:
The one problem I see is that Sayaka/Rokugo is now listed twice (the new, correct one at the two-star level and the old, incomplete one at the zero-star level).

It should have been corrected already. Seems that either your computer or the server has not yet cleared its cache.
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Odd, even after a hard refresh the duplicate entry is still there.

Oh well, I'm sure it will fix itself in time since you would know better than I would. Thanks again.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Kilgamayan wrote:
Odd, even after a hard refresh the duplicate entry is still there.

My bad. Should be fixed now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1