• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non Non Biyori (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:22 am Reply with quote
Candy Store and Ren-chon are always gold. Argh, only one eppie left! What a season of sequels this was: NNB, Laidback Camp, The Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone, Attack on Titan... I guess I'll mention Re:Zero but I don't enjoy it as much as these other shows. I don't expect to see a Sequel Spectacular like this again. Kind of freaky the way it all lined up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:30 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 12 (series finale)

I promise that I am not crying. Crying or Very sad

Nii-chan's graduation seemed like the graduation of the series itself, comments I have seen elsewhere point that the manga recently ended, and this was it. They all moved up a year, the brother is now in high school, Konomi in university, Shiori is in primary school, and Renge made a promise to even be a good senpai when Shiori's new sister, Kasumi, joins the school, because she would be in middle school then. It is a reflection of the past and onto the possible future. Renge's poetic waxing of even the same path taken every day is actually different, just put me over the edge, I know it is a bit silly, but just is.

I don't know if it was just a pretty long time since I saw the previous two seasons, although I have occasionally re-watched parts, but I really enjoyed this third and final season. Things like its comedic timing were just so on point that it really could send me off laughing. I apparently gave both previous seasons an Excellent rating, but for the final season I am giving a rating of Masterpiece (10/10), the rating I save for the best of the best, the types of shows I watch anime for.

When I get to rating Yuru Camp's second season, I will probably mention that I had high expectations of putting these two shows on equal footing of marvellous slice of life shows, but Non Non Biyori's third season stole the spotlight, that I might say Yuru Camp might have ended up at a disadvantage being compared to the king/queen of slice of life. And following how it finished, I hope that there might be the possibility that even if not as familiar, something new and similar for some regards could make its way. A salute to Non Non Biyori.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:54 pm Reply with quote
All hail the glory that is Non Non Biyori! Dang, with both it and Laid Back Camping gone where am I going to get the balm my weary soul needs in these trying times? I haven't seen the NNB movie yet, so I'll definitely be ordering it at some point. I'm not sure if I've seen both NNB OVAs or not. I'll have to check and see.

In any case, I just love, adore and treasure this show. I can't quite go with "Masterpiece" like my good friend and fellow anime connoisseur, DP, but I certainly can give it a hearty "Excellent."

I know Christmas is still far away, but Santa please be a sport and deliver more NNB to us!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15