• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maison Ikkoku Drama Update

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Hermes kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Laughing
Noggy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:39 am Reply with quote
Proman, we'll just going to have to flat out disagree on this. It never crossed my mind that the reason I liked the series was because it took place in the 80s. I'm not saying the series would be better if it took place in the present day, but I don't recall anything significant that could have only had happened 20 years ago. I'll go to the opposite extreme as you and say what makes the series so charming is that the story works whether it's 1986 or 2006.
FuuH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quote
:O this is incrediblee!! I love Maison Ikkoku so much and I can't wait for it to perhaps spark more interest in this great manga (and show)

for some reason I feel the setting does have some to do with the show... just thinking of the mood the music makes!..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
zuttsu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Ikkoku-kan is Takahashi-san's best work imho. That said...it's not the time frame, music, or cloths that make it amazing. It's the characters people can relate to, the development they go through, the comedy, etc. that make Ikkoku great. If they can keep that alive in the TV drama (unlike the live action movie ) Crying or Very sad then it will be fantastic! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2