• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Alternative title for "Ribbon no Kishi"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleWide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I cannot locate proof online for it to qualify, but in the early 1980s, WGN out of Chicago ran a show called "Choppy And The Princess" which turns out to be an Americanized version of "Ribbon no Kishi." How can I confirm this so it will be accepted as an entry in the encyclopedia?
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote
DoubleWide wrote:
I cannot locate proof online for it to qualify, but in the early 1980s, WGN out of Chicago ran a show called "Choppy And The Princess" which turns out to be an Americanized version of "Ribbon no Kishi." How can I confirm this so it will be accepted as an entry in the encyclopedia?

Page 308, and especially 309 (paragraph 3 of the entry) of The Anime Encyclopedia. Also, page 23 of Watching Anime, Reading Manga ("Late 1960s and early 1970s"). See also page 65, note 7, for a mention that the entire series was adapted into English, though supposedly it was broadcast only in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Also, that title is already included in the entry in German. Lastly, a Google search for "Choppy And The Princess".
DoubleWide

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
Thank you for you help and time. I should have thought of that myself. Embarassed You'd think I was 6 istead of 46.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quote
You're welcome!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1