• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Fillers: About to End?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
TranceLimit174 wrote:
Now while I'm not defending the Narutards out there who will only support the free methods of experiencing Naruto, there has been something all Naruto fans who have experienced the filler have paid, and that's time. That's 1750 minutes, 875 hours roughly (unless my math is wrong) that has been devoted thus far to a single viewing of each filler episode (and this isn't counting the 135 previous episodes).
1750 / 60 = 29 hours, not 875.

As I always do in posts about the Naruto filler, I'm going to post a link to this Ask John article.

Guess I suck at math. Since I multiplied by 25 (minutes) I thought to half that to get the hours. My bad.
Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote
silver_omicron wrote:
Is the fact that manga comes out slower just the way it is? Or can it be said that the artists are being lazy? Because if you can manage 25 minutes of moving pictures more quickly then eighty pages of drawn panels, I'm not really sure what to think.

One episode of Naruto is approximately two chapters (released one chapter per week), which is around 35 pages.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Is it even that much? What manga chapter did eps 135 leave on?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hisdon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
Is it even that much? What manga chapter did eps 135 leave on?

I think...like 250ish? The newest manga is 318 at the moment
AkumaFOX9

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
i hope these thing end fast. these filler junk eps are so dumb, Naruto seems to be getting cumber and weaker in the later fillers, i love Naruto but these fillers made me lose some interest for the show.
i been waiting for Naruto to start his training with the number 1 pervert/skill ninja master Jiraiya, and go kick some Sasuke and Orochimaru ass!
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:56 am Reply with quote
Hisdon wrote:
I think...like 250ish? The newest manga is 318 at the moment

"ish"? Anyone got an exact number? It's been a while so I've forgotten by now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RaptorRage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quote
Last manga chapter of Part 1 was 238, Kakashi Gaiden was 239-244, Part 2 started at 245 and the most recent chapter is 318.

Anime fillers started at episode 136 (May 25, 2005) with the most recent being 197. The latest confirmed title is episode 201. New opening and ending sequences should be around 204, which is at the moment considered the most likely time for the fillers to end.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
RaptorRage wrote:
Last manga chapter of Part 1 was 238, Kakashi Gaiden was 239-244, Part 2 started at 245 and the most recent chapter is 318.

Anime fillers started at episode 136 (May 25, 2005) with the most recent being 197. The latest confirmed title is episode 201. New opening and ending sequences should be around 204, which is at the moment considered the most likely time for the fillers to end.

what he said, I was just giving a rough guess from what I renembered
ZychoFlow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quote
RaptorRage wrote:
The latest confirmed title is episode 201.

Who confirmed this and when?

For what I've seen some one has been messing with the encyclopedia again...

202 and 203 couldn't be more bogus.
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:59 pm Reply with quote
ZychoFlow wrote:
202 and 203 couldn't be more bogus.
This is just plain getting silly. Just a suggestion, but maybe the Encyclopedia staff needs to pull a Wiki and lock the thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I swear, those bogus titles get funnier and funnier every time I look at them! It's a good thing that bogus episode titles 202-209 were taken out, or I might die of laughter. Some idiots have put up the titles "Naruto gets laid", "Naruto's Ass Pain, Preparation H to the Rescue", and "Sakura Fornicates With Tenten". Honestly, the fact that those idiots go out of their way, and take away time from their own day to think and put up these titles is just excruciatingly hilarious. Such idiocy.... Razz

But as I said before, I'd provide proof of why I think that the fillers will not be ending after the 3rd movie. Here it is:

People had listed episode either episode 198 as "It's Kakashi-sensei's Birthday!" (this was a false title, but not known at the time) After people had heard this, they went around openly speculating on the Internet if the next few episodes would be dedicated to the Kakashi Gaiden, because the "birthday" would cause him to reminisce on his past birthdays (spoiler[the premise for the Kakashi Gaiden]). People were so sure that this was fact that they went around spewing it at the top of their lungs. Unfortunately, they were wrong, because it was a false title.

Well, that's my part of it. I got it all from the TV.com forums, so you guys can check those out.
RaptorRage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Scynet wrote:

This is pretty much the official source for confirming upcoming titles, usually updated every week. Have to run it through Babelfish or Google to get a rough idea of the translation.
coldspider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

The point I was making is nobody cares execpt those that are making a big deal out of it. If don't like the filliers... well, you shouldn't be downloading them anyway, but don't watch them.

But that's the probem.Nothing happens if people stop downloading the fansubs.

However,when people stop watching CN on Saturdays at 9:00 PM,that's a big deal.

If they stick with the format of weekend premieres,the fillers will last for over a year.And since it looks like the fillers aren't stopping anytime soon,it might very well be longer than that.(it's getting close to the year-and-a-half mark)

Hardcore fans may still watch all the fillers or possibly watch the series more sporadically.On the otherhand,casual fans/viewers (like myself) will probably drop the series sooner rather than later.I have no problem not watching Naruto for a year,I can wait patiently without complaing about the fillers everyday on message boards.

But I doubt ShoPro/CN would want to risk losing a good chunk of their viewership for a bit over a year.Therefore,I wouldn't be surprised if ShoPro decides to skip some/most of the fillers,or decide to rush through the fillers by switching over to weeknight premieres.There's also the option of 2 premieres every weekend,but even that still clocks in at a about 7 months.

(^and that's assuming the fillers are going to end soon,in which case it looks they aren't)
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
coldspider wrote:

But that's the probem.Nothing happens if people stop downloading the fansubs.

However,when people stop watching CN on Saturdays at 9:00 PM,that's a big deal.
Chances are they won't even tell the difference and/or enjoy it. Once, as lame as a good part of filliers, they should not skip them. None of them!

2 premieres a night just rushes to the break between airings. So, unless you want to watch reruns of Naruto for about 6 months, it would be best to stick to 1 a week.

If you don't like the filliers, fine. Once they hit the filliers, it'll be "around" 64 weeks. Once again, I see no point in skipping or rushing things, or else Inuyasha would have been over with a long time ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
goins007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:43 am Reply with quote
like Ataru said, I could see them filling the Naruto slot with something else, then moving it to week nights just to get thru them then put it back on its old time slot with a few weeks of fillers left and they can make a big deal about Naruto's return. That wouldn't surprise me at all.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6