• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Fillers: About to End?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
goins007 wrote:
like Ataru said, I could see them filling the Naruto slot with something else, then moving it to week nights just to get thru them then put it back on its old time slot with a few weeks of fillers left and they can make a big deal about Naruto's return. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Er, that's not what Ataru said, he was saying the opposite. He was saying that they should stick to their normal routine of one a week or otherwise we'll end up with a long break of no new episodes at all due to Viz/ShoPro trying to catch up with the dubbing and that's the last thing any of the companies involved would want. There's no way they could just blast through them on weekdays and come back to Saturdays a month later like nothing happened, there's no way they could have the episodes done fast enough (I'm rather impressed that they've gone this far without having to take a break really).

The filler will remain at once a week on Saturday nights just like they always have and the kids that make up the majority of Naruto's viewership wont notice or wont care. Unlike in Japan where the anime will stay behind the manga, in the US the anime will long surpass the manga (US Shonen Jump only does about two chapters a month while the anime runs about four episodes a month). I'm guessing that by the time they hit the filler the manga will only be up to the search for Tsunade, if that. Sure, a select few may have read the Japanese manga, but I doubt it would be enough to make a huge impact on the ratings. These kids aren't even going to notice it's filler, if the ratings drop it'll be because of the episode quality, not because they aren't in the manga.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ragg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the fillers aren't really fillers, and everyone who was in the filler episodes come back in like the final seciton of the anime for a really big fight scene Wink . However, that probably won't happen. I think the fillers have ended with episode 197 if you've seen it. spoiler[Konoha is about to undergo another invasion from an outside force.]
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Very doubtful that any characters from the filliers will come back. Very, very, very doubtful.

I think things would have been very different if Naruto had a fillier arc much like Bleach's. Atleast those 64 or so weeks won't go by so slowly. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ragg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
You never know, they might all give their spirit energy, chakra, to naruto so he can make this huge rasengan (does this remind of you anything? cough cough dbz cough cough). And also, Bleach has only been 93? episodes long, and Naruto has held out till around 120s till it started using fillers. I think Naruto held out a good time.

They should have had the staff kept on IV needles, take meal pills, and have never ending amounts of coffee so they could end the fillers Wink . Anyway I honestly believe that the fillers have ended.
Kidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Ragg wrote:

Anyway I honestly believe that the fillers have ended.

lol... famous last words? I think we've all seen enough "NARUTO-FILLERS WILL END NEXT WEEK!!1one! ZOMG" rumours to not believe any Naruto-related info from the internet until we actually see the episodes. Cautiously optimistic is the way to go Anime smile
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote
Ragg wrote:
You never know, they might all give their spirit energy, chakra, to naruto so he can make this huge rasengan (does this remind of you anything? cough cough dbz cough cough). And also, Bleach has only been 93? episodes long, and Naruto has held out till around 120s till it started using fillers. I think Naruto held out a good time.

Take into consideration that Naruto had a few filler arcs and one shots thrown into that 120 or so episodes, the foot race being the big one.

Plus consider that the manga ended up being put on hold for about a month so that Kishimoto could take a break. This made the need for the filler last longer than it would have had he gone directly from part one to part two.

Also, and maybe it's just me, but the current Bleach manga arc feels like it's going very slowly. I have a feeling the Bountou arc will not be the only filler arc for Bleach.

Just some stuff ton think about when comparing the two filler-wise.

Personally I would have liked to have seen them end part one of Naruto completely and then have the filler arcs take place in the 2 1/2 year gap until part 2, but I guess that would make too much sense.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kpDark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:06 am Reply with quote
I think the titles that are out are the actual titles for the episodes and I know Im being a bitch but Part 2 wont be happening very soon I got this info off of Wiki, but I hope I'm wrong
Scynet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:35 pm Reply with quote
kpDark wrote:
I think the titles that are out are the actual titles for the episodes and I know Im being a bitch but Part 2 wont be happening very soon I got this info off of Wiki, but I hope I'm wrong

Please, if you're going to make claims, you have to back them up. At least give the link to the wiki article, even if it won't really help much with all the recent Naruto-releated wandalism in wiki-style medias.
RaptorRage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Current titles for 200-201 in the Encyclopedia are accurate for the most part, except for Episode 200 the extra line 'My name is Uchiha Obito' is not actually part of the title and is another example of someone sneaking in false information related to Part 2.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:28 am Reply with quote
kpDark wrote:

Wikipedia requires fan input just like the ANN encyclopedia so without solid sources it's hard accept as real.

Emerje
Hisdon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote
[quote="Emerje"]
Ragg wrote:

Also, and maybe it's just me, but the current Bleach manga arc feels like it's going very slowly. I have a feeling the Bountou arc will not be the only filler arc for Bleach.

yea, it is, but so is the filler episodes if you think about it. I don't think they'll be even close to ending for quiet a while.

Least they are watchable, unlike the Naruto ones ><
xflamestormx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote
well it is official. naruto fillers will end in early spring of 2007, officially announced by Studio Perriot and Kishimoto.

rejoice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SmashRackets4Fun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Hisdon"]
Emerje wrote:
Ragg wrote:

yea, it is, but so is the filler episodes if you think about it. I don't think they'll be even close to ending for quiet a while.

Least they are watchable, unlike the Naruto ones ><

the Bounto arc is soooo much better than Naruto, hell I think its better an a lot of animes. If I had to rate Bleach just based on the bounto era, I would give it 8.5/10 easily. The story is not bad at all.

Now naruto... mmmmm... I gave up 3 episodes after the so called "end of fillers"... complete garbage at this point.
sirkozmo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
well it is official. naruto fillers will end in early spring of 2007, officially announced by Studio Perriot and Kishimoto.

rejoice!

Not to doubt you or anything. But is there a link that could possibly be provided for this 'official' claim?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:51 pm Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6