• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica Tops Box Office With Over 400 Million Yen

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhl88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
That wasn't a complaint, but rather a realistic assessment.

Wouldn't people just complain: Aniplex USA imports/licenses Madoka Movie Rebellion: $90 (retail price: $75 or something).
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
8-9 months seems about right for a newly released film in theaters. Not to mention it still has tours in other countries to do.

It's pretty normal for JP BD releases of movies. It's very long compared to the theater-to-home-video release here in the U.S. I mentioned it only to make sure people that said things like that don't actually expect to be able to buy this in, say, January, because that's not going to happen.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
bhl88 wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
That wasn't a complaint, but rather a realistic assessment.

Wouldn't people just complain: Aniplex USA imports/licenses Madoka Movie Rebellion: $90 (retail price: $75 or something).

No one was talking about price. Like, at all. Sure, it'll be expensive when the time comes, but the current topic is how long it'll be until anyone who doesn't see it in theaters even has the chance to purchase it, and thus, watch it for themselves. 8-9 months sounds quite realistic, considering the first two movies were released in theaters on the 6th and 13th of October last year, and they didn't come out on DVD/BD in Japan until July this year. He was only pointing out that the previous person's post was too optimistic.
Butthurtclown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote
WOOT CANNOT WAIT TILL DECEMBER THIRD TO GOOOOO Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2