• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crayon Shin-Chan Episode minutes

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I have run into a little problem. What is the real deal with how long CSC is? Here it is a 30 minute episode, divided by 3 10 minute episodes(which isn't possible(commercials)), even though ANN lists it as 13 minute episodes. But if it was always aired in 30 minute blocks would it not be a thirty minute episode? Or was it aired 3 times in 30 minutes, each with an opening and closing? Otherwise should it not be a 30 minute block, or 23 minutes or whatever to allow for commercials.

The incomplete episode listings makes things more confusing. As they clearly are in threes, yet brought under one episode number. If they are all one episode, then why not call all of those one episode, which would of course add up to more than thirteen minutes.

Second paragraph
imbd-says it is 30 minutes long [edit-added last five words]

I am sorry if I am asking a really stupid question, but I am confused, please help.

-Thanks

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote
There was actually a time where they did two episodes per "show". Then somewhere around two years ago they switched to three episodes.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:39 am Reply with quote
So does that mean there are 1182 episodes, but only 394 "shows"?

Or 394 episodes, but only 132 "shows".

Everyone I have talked to has said it was shown in 30 minute blocks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
There was actually a time where they did two episodes per "show". Then somewhere around two years ago they switched to three episodes.

It would probably be less confusing to use the words "episode" (one whole "show") and "story" (one or more per episode—or less than one in multi-episode stories (e.g., episodes 20 and 21 of Samurai Champloo).
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:36 pm Reply with quote
First off, 394 is wrong, anyway. It's still running and approaching 600.

The listings I've seen count by the half hour, though to be fair, I can't confirm them being connected to accurate sources.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Samurai CDZ wrote:
First off, 394 is wrong, anyway. It's still running and approaching 600.

The listings I've seen count by the half hour, though to be fair, I can't confirm them being connected to accurate sources.

Now that I think of it, Web Newtype (the Japanese version) should be able to settle the number of episodes through its "Anime Land" program schedule—though at the moment I can not get the top page to load.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Now that I think of it, Web Newtype (the Japanese version) should be able to settle the number of episodes through its "Anime Land" program schedule—though at the moment I can not get the top page to load.

Hmm, well at least, the date and episode counts match. Here's the Shin-chan site I found a while back.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
So can we get someone to change the running time to half-hour, or to 25 minutes?

I mean it is confusing, and from what everyone says it is almost always played in a 30 minute block.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I changed the running time to half hour.

The format for the episode list *does* include the ability to have segments, like for Urusei Yatsura. I wish people took advantage of that more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote
Thank you,

I think it makes more sense written this way.

-Thanks

MD
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
The format for the episode list *does* include the ability to have segments, like for Urusei Yatsura. I wish people took advantage of that more.

I did not know that. However, I just used it to update the episode titles of Countdown [Conjoined!], as well as my error reports for the titles I did not submit. ^_^
emory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:01 am Reply with quote
To other thread. Sorry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1