• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach English Dub Preview

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
However, it's not the dub that I'm disappointed with. The opening theme was extremely bizarre and far away from the show's mood.

It's funny that you say that. Almost all of the shots in the opening come straight from the manga.

The series will get more serious as it goes along, but there are the wacky moments from time to time to keep it fresh.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
halochief_90 wrote:
However, it's not the dub that I'm disappointed with. The opening theme was extremely bizarre and far away from the show's mood.

It's funny that you say that. Almost all of the shots in the opening come straight from the manga.

The series will get more serious as it goes along, but there are the wacky moments from time to time to keep it fresh.
I was talking about the music not the art running in the background.
klamsd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow. People think if somebody doesn't like the dub they are dumb, and if they can like it then they are being reasonable. Elitism runs just as high as intolerance of dubs in anime fans, then Rolling Eyes

There will always be split opinions about dubs. That's why you have the choice of switching to subs on DVDs. As it is if you don't like the dub then don't watch it and wait for the DVDs to come out. It's as simple as that.
sirkozmo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
But anyway, if the dub keeps up this pace it may be the best dub ever for an anime series!

Uh oh. I'm not so sure you should've gone there. Its a good thing the sub elitists dont know where you live. Laughing

I'm looking forward to checking out the dub later on tonight myself. I was pretty optimistic beforehand even before the 30-Second clip. All I can do now is wait in anticipation and reserve judgement until I see it (and hear it) with my very own eyes (and ears). Even then, it may still be a bit premature to make an all-out evaluation after just one episode. Even still, T-Minus 8 Hours and counting ladies and gentlemen....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Break

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Well from that 30 second preview I like the vocies of course I haven't seen the sub version on the show so I wouldn't know how it stands(wow how many times has that been said?) but I'm sure that that the voice actors will do well after all its not like they were on the toilet recording it.
arxane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quote
klamsd wrote:
Wow. People think if somebody doesn't like the dub they are dumb, and if they can like it then they are being reasonable.

That's not what I'm thinking. There is just a huge difference between legitimate criticism and "OMG THIS IS THE WORST DUB EVER!" If people have legitimate concerns, such as they don't like the voices, then that's perfectly fine, but to call the dub absolutely terrible, especially this early and when there are far worse dubs out there, is ludicrous.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
klamsd wrote:
Wow. People think if somebody doesn't like the dub they are dumb, and if they can like it then they are being reasonable.

I think the dumb part is judging something based on a 30 second clip. The fact is unless you have seen an episode dubbed you are not really qualified to judge. It IS dumb to be so quick to hate something you haven't even seen yet.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
sirkozmo wrote:
halochief_90 wrote:
But anyway, if the dub keeps up this pace it may be the best dub ever for an anime series!

Uh oh. I'm not so sure you should've gone there. Its a good thing the sub elitists don't know where you live. Laughing

I'm looking forward to checking out the dub later on tonight myself. I was pretty optimistic beforehand even before the 30-Second clip. All I can do now is wait in anticipation and reserve judgement until I see it (and hear it) with my very own eyes (and ears). Even then, it may still be a bit premature to make an all-out evaluation after just one episode. Even still, T-Minus 8 Hours and counting ladies and gentlemen....
Well, I didn't exactly say it is the best dub. I just said it may become the best dub. As far as first episodes go, yes, this is the best dub I've heard. Yes, one episode is not enough to determine whether a dub is the best yet (maybe they poured all their effort into the first ep?), but it definitely gives you at least a fuzzy understanding of what's to come. Unlike a 30 second commercial.

And I don't really think sub elitists would care if I said here and now it is the best dub, because those guys don't seem to like any dub. It's like saying you saying "Yeah, that movie was the best chick-flick ever!" I'd reply "So, that's not saying much."
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Here's one thing I think I heard about the Rukia performance: it wasn't stable, meaning it was one persona one time and then it's another the next. I'd chalk that one up to inexperience with the material, of course Rukia isn't exactly a static personality.

Anyway, I really don't care which version is better, as long as they're both compotent. The elitism and resulting ignorance here is nauseating. It's practically racism, except it's the language of the voice instead of the color of the skin (technically, it IS racism). If you can't handle your cartoon characters speaking English, go to Japan.

NOTE: The above is not for people who have a mere preference. Deciding one is better than the other after hearing both is perfectly fine. It is for those out there who won't give one track or the other a chance that this mini-rant is for.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Tonight's gonna be a big night. Bleach will be showing at 12:30 easter 11:30 pacific. It's gonna be great. Very Happy

But you know, I thought it was gonna be at 11:00. But I was wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
arxane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
But you know, I thought it was gonna be at 11:00. But I was wrong.

Well, it will be 11:00 for me...but that's because I live Central Time. Very Happy
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quote
klamsd wrote:
Wow. People think if somebody doesn't like the dub they are dumb, and if they can like it then they are being reasonable. Elitism runs just as high as intolerance of dubs in anime fans, then Rolling Eyes

There will always be split opinions about dubs. That's why you have the choice of switching to subs on DVDs. As it is if you don't like the dub then don't watch it and wait for the DVDs to come out. It's as simple as that.

Well I geuss the voice work is a matter of opinion, however (if you were reffering to me) what I ment was that there wasn't anything [else] to be disatisfied with.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote
I just watched Bleach and it was teh bomb. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
I'm extremely suprised at how well Bosch did as Ichigo. I wasn't expecting to like him at all, but he sounded perfect. Brilliant.
BrandeX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote
Where can you get those Bleach language cards? I tried searching the internet and had no luck locating them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9