• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation February 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
I wasn't aware that Kamisama Kiss was a big enough title to warrant such a release. I'm curious to watch it.

Lance and Adam mentioned in the last ANNcast they were in that it got the highest streaming numbers FUNi has ever had. EVER.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
ColonelYao47 wrote:
I wasn't aware that Kamisama Kiss was a big enough title to warrant such a release. I'm curious to watch it.

I think it was Funimation's top streaming titles for its quarter, pre Titan days naturally. Also, it's not big enough title to warrant such a release, it's a thirteen episode series that is funny but has too many episodes focused on character introductions to actually get anywhere.

Quote:
I don't know what "Video Commentaries" are, but they sound really interesting.

There's one on the "Is This a Zombie? Of the Dead" boob show release and it's not.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I don't know what "Video Commentaries" are, but they sound really interesting. I wonder if it's just a camera in the booth while they do a normal commentary. If it is, more in the booth stuff is appreciated!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. A video commentary is where some of the voice actors get together in the booth and do a commentary where you can actually see them. They'll usually put the video of the show itself in a small window on the corner of the screen so you can see what they're actually talking about. It's not much, but it can be neat.

By far, the best one is easily the video commentary they did for Toriko, where the four actors all cooked different dishes and they pretty much had a potluck dinner right there in the booth. It's especially memorable due to Morgan Garret (who has a minor gluten allergy) accidentally eating something with wheat and having a terrible case of the burps for the rest of the episode, and for Ian Sinclair downing half a bottle of wine in a single gulp. Laughing
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3142
Quote:
It has been announced today, that due to the overwhelming theatrical demand for Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, the release date for the Blu-ray and DVD, Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo, has been delayed to a TBD date in 2014.

Once a new release date has been decided we will announce this information on our website www.funimation.com. Evangelion: 3.0 hits theaters beginning January 10, 2014. To look for a theater in your area please refer to: http://www.elevenarts.net/evangelion3.theater.html

Don’t see a screening in your city? Then “Demand It” on Eventful.com! If there is enough demand for it, then a screening will be added in your area.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
For those interested in the Kamisama Kiss Goddess Edition, it's currently 50% off ($64.99) @ FUNimation Shop (not sure for how long). As a reminder, this is a very limited retailer release (like TRSI, RACS,...).
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Must have either been an error, or for a very limited time because now it's back to just 25% off. A shame, I thought about getting it last night but decided to sleep on it.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I checked right after WTK posted and it was correct; maybe it was a daily deal and ended at midnight. I haven't seen the show yet and I have a number of expensive things I want to buy so I held off. I'm also considering a purchase of FUNimation's Psycho Pass special edition (have to check out that show as well).
akapahua

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I want to pre-order and I notice TRSI sells a cheaper than ordering straight from Funi's shop. Is there any more of a bonus ordering straight from Funi or should I just order from TRSI?
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Vol.2 (Blu-ray) [Import] - 50 minutes - $69.98 - 2/25/14
Quote:
This collector's edition includes a 22-page guide booklet and a unique cut of the film strip!

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

This product is an import from Japan, and is limited to 2,400 units total. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Vol.1 & 2 Bundle (Blu-ray) [Import] - 108 minutes - $139.96 - 2/25/14
Quote:
This bundle contains the first two OVA episodes of Ghost in the Shell: Arise on Japanese Collector's Edition Blu-ray!

Episode 1: Ghost Pain
Episode 2: Ghost Whispers
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
akapahua wrote:
I want to pre-order and I notice TRSI sells a cheaper than ordering straight from Funi's shop. Is there any more of a bonus ordering straight from Funi or should I just order from TRSI?

Unless noted otherswise (from FUNimation Shop), there is no difference on the releases other than maybe pricing.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
http://www.rightstuf.com/n/FT0000006452
Quote:
Kamisama Kiss Goddess Edition Box Set Release Delayed!
Posted on: Monday, February 10, 2014

FUNimation announced a slight delay in the release of Kamisama Kiss DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series Goddess Edition Box Set. Instead of a February 11 street date, the title will now be available on February 25, 2014. The standard edition release of Kamisama Kiss was NOT delayed and is now available at RightStuf.com!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3