• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Former 4Kids CEO Al Kahn Joins Pacific Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
The ironic thing is he probably has a better job now than most of us here. Laughing

Well, if it's any sign, Pacific Entertainment will go bankrupt in a few years. One common thread with Bankrupt Companies as of late is that just before the Death Kneel, they hire people from companies that they themselves either went into bankruptcy or shut their doors. It's almost like a parasitic symbiosis of sorts.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
Weazul-chan wrote:
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Al Kahn?

Baby genius? Shocked

I can't help but feel that there is an oxymoron somewhere in all this. Confused
oxymorons? there's only morons involved in this, as we all know about Al Kahn, and the fact that people think sitting their babies in front of a TV for hours is an actual valid substitute for working with your kid yourself if you want them to develop mentally faster and that there's people that market such a BS product AND lazy and/or gullible parents who buy it make it morons all around.

It is not a bad idea if you are using it as a supplement to working with the kid yourself, so I wouldn't say it is a BS unless you think that is the only thing you need to do.
considering that it's marketed as something you just need to plop your babies in front of for hours a day (with the implication it gives you a little more free time as well) and it's been scientifically proven not to work I have to stand by my statement.

I do understand that is the way it is marketed, I've learn to be sometimes leery of studies. But yea probably just as a standalone training tool it is not going to be completely effective.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
Weazul-chan wrote:
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Al Kahn?

Baby genius? Shocked

I can't help but feel that there is an oxymoron somewhere in all this. Confused
oxymorons? there's only morons involved in this, as we all know about Al Kahn, and the fact that people think sitting their babies in front of a TV for hours is an actual valid substitute for working with your kid yourself if you want them to develop mentally faster and that there's people that market such a BS product AND lazy and/or gullible parents who buy it make it morons all around.

It is not a bad idea if you are using it as a supplement to working with the kid yourself, so I wouldn't say it is a BS unless you think that is the only thing you need to do.
considering that it's marketed as something you just need to plop your babies in front of for hours a day (with the implication it gives you a little more free time as well) and it's been scientifically proven not to work I have to stand by my statement.

Nothing is being "scientifically proven". Statistical evidence can be shown in either way to support or not support a claim, but that's about it.
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I've always been curious about Baby Mozart in particular. Why wouldn't someone who wants their children to listen to Mozart purchase a regular CD from an orchestra performing his works instead of whatever is on a Baby Mozart disc?
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote
As long as he's not going to work for any other anime distributor then this is good news.

Course I doubt there's any anime distributor in America that would allow him a job, unless I'm mistaken.
kaiser11492

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote
i'm totally happy for kahn because now he's going to work at things that are meant for his standards. i mean BABY GENIUS'S. IT'S PERFECT! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote
As long as he's not ruining anime, it's fine by me.
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
The ironic thing is he probably has a better job now than most of us here. Laughing

Well, if it's any sign, Pacific Entertainment will go bankrupt in a few years. One common thread with Bankrupt Companies as of late is that just before the Death Kneel, they hire people from companies that they themselves either went into bankruptcy or shut their doors. It's almost like a parasitic symbiosis of sorts.

Doesn't make sense because 4kids didn't file that type of bankruptcy.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote
cohenmarioman wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Re-read the statement again. It doesn't matter if it's 7 or 11, a common trope with these companies is that usually, there is some CEO or other higher up that came from another bankrupt company.
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
cohenmarioman wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Re-read the statement again. It doesn't matter if it's 7 or 11, a common trope with these companies is that usually, there is some CEO or other higher up that came from another bankrupt company.

You are using bankrupt in the wrong form. To say a company is bankrupt means they have no money, of which 4kids isn't. 4kids merely filed for a type of bankruptcy where debtors cannot chase you.

They aren't in terms "bankrupt" as much as say, Border is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2