• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Beyblade Spinning Tops Can Be Remote-Controlled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
It's still a retarded anime about playing with tops designed to sell toys to the only people who really get into things like this... 10 year-olds.

Yet it outperforms whatever show you like Wink

I find the show amusing; Metal Fight, anyway. Not any of the previous ones, outside of the great music.
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
Jessica Hart wrote:
Banken wrote:
It's still a retarded anime about playing with tops designed to sell toys to the only people who really get into things like this... 10 year-olds.

I find the show amusing; Metal Fight, anyway. Not any of the previous ones, outside of the great music.

Well, not anymore. Yugioh Zexal is outperforming it now, as well as most other shows.
tsunayakuin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
How is Zexal beating Metsl Fight?
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
tsunayakuin wrote:

Read the ratings. A 1.9 is less than a 3.0 (MF vs. Zexal).
sano16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
personaly i dont like any of the R/C beyblades past or now they always felt like cheating to me being able to control the speed of the beyblade just dosent seem fair to me tho im sure many people may think im wrong lol
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote
cohenmarioman wrote:
tsunayakuin wrote:

Ratings mean nothing for the series. The toys are still the #1 toy brand in Japan, and Yu-Gi-Oh! is still behind Duel Masters.
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
cohenmarioman wrote:
tsunayakuin wrote:

Ratings mean nothing for the series. The toys are still the #1 toy brand in Japan, and Yu-Gi-Oh! is still behind Duel Masters.

Yugioh currently and has for the past few years held the world record for the most cards ever sold for a CCG ever. The record stands at 26 billion cards, likely to be 30 or more billion in a year. Duel Masters isn't even considered for this honor.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote
cohenmarioman wrote:
Primus wrote:
cohenmarioman wrote:
tsunayakuin wrote:

Yugioh currently and has for the past few years held the world record for the most cards ever sold for a CCG ever. The record stands at 26 billion cards, likely to be 30 or more billion in a year. Duel Masters isn't even considered for this honor.

Did you forget the fact that I said Japan (which makes sense given you're using Japanese TV ratings as proof of Yu-Gi-Oh!'s supposed superiority over Beyblade)? Duel Masters is the best selling card game in Japan, and has been for ages.

If you want to bring the international market into hand, then I'm fairly certain Metal Fusion's repeats on Cartoon Network get higher ratings than 5Ds on the CW4Kids. As well, once again, the toyline has sold very well abroad (to the point of there being shortages). But obviously Yu-Gi-Oh!'s got a very large card market that makes up for the poor ratings.
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
Like you said, sales are all that matters. Yugioh outsells pretty much everything anime wise in America, merchandising that is.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Jessica Hart wrote:
Banken wrote:

What are you, 12?

The ratings of a show designed for kids, especially one that is intended to sell crappy toys for a non-existent sport are irrelevant to me.
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
What are you, 12?

Add about seven years to that

Quote:
The ratings of a show designed for kids, especially one that is intended to sell crappy toys for a non-existent sport are irrelevant to me.

Yet you feel the need to post how 'retarded' it is, so you must perceive it as interesting enough to make multiple posts about it. Usually it's the little kids who use 'retarded' and insults Smile
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Jessica Hart wrote:
Banken wrote:
What are you, 12?

Add about seven years to that

Quote:

Yet you feel the need to post how 'retarded' it is, so you must perceive it as interesting enough to make multiple posts about it. Usually it's the little kids who use 'retarded' and insults Smile

I think what the guy you are responding to is feeling is "butthurt" because Bleach has yet to beat even Digimon Xros Wars, which has had a variable run for months.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2