• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Morning Musume '14 Idol Group Holds Concert in New York City This Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:35 am Reply with quote
This sounds relatively appealing. I may have to buy a ticket.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
Holy crap they're coming here??? I guess Sayumi is still here.
slowhand

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Michishige Sayumi announced last week that she will graduate from MM and H!P at the end of the Fall 2014 concert season, so this may well be the last chance US fans will have to see her live.

Which is totally worth it, by the way.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The group has not performed overseas in approximately four years.

I wonder what made the agency management decide for Morning Musume to perform oversea for the first time. But anyway, that's good news for MM. Too bad I lived in DC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Quote:
The group has not performed overseas in approximately four years.

I wonder what made the agency management decide for Morning Musume to perform oversea for the first time. But anyway, that's good news for MM. Too bad I lived in DC.

They've been trying to promote overseas for years. Unlike a lot of other J-Idol groups, all of Morning Musume and Hello Project's music videos are available from their official channel on Youtube with English subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:

They've been trying to promote overseas for years. Unlike a lot of other J-Idol groups, all of Morning Musume and Hello Project's music videos are available from their official channel on Youtube with English subtitles.

Check your PM, VORTIA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nayoko-Kihara

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The group's current roster includes leader Sayumi Michishige, sub-leader Mizuki Fukumura, Erina Ikuta, Riho Sayashi, Kanon Suzuki, Haruna Iikubo, Ayumi Ishida, Masaki Satō, Haruka Kudō, and Sakura Oda.
Fukumura Mizuki and Iikubo Haruna are both sub-leaders at this time, despite being from different generations.

I'd also like to point out that while this may be the first full, large scale overseas concert in a while, the group did participate (with other members/groups of Hello! Project) in overseas handshake and mini-live events in 2012 (Taiwan, Thailand, France).
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
Nayoko-Kihara wrote:

I'd also like to point out that while this may be the first full, large scale overseas concert in a while, the group did participate (with other members/groups of Hello! Project) in overseas handshake and mini-live events in 2012 (Taiwan, Thailand, France).

Really, didn't know that. Looks like nobody bothered to report on it. Mad
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
Now does anyone know where we can sign up to get tickets? I want to get them now before they sell out. Want to get them as my niece's first concert of a group she likes. Since in NYC it'll be a snap.

Doesn't anyone know what Sayumi's next move is?
slowhand

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

She is being as coy about it as she has always been with everything.

Many months ago, she suggested that she would like to retire from public life and go live with her Mom and sister in a cottage in the country.

On the other hand, her ditzy, vain, acid-tongued TV persona is as popular as ever, so I expect she will remain a talento at least part-time. And maybe land the occasional seiyuu gig, too (I hope).
Nayoko-Kihara

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:56 am Reply with quote
A little more specifically, while on the radio show "Young Town Doyoubi" recently Sayumi said she does want to continue singing and doing radio shows, but doesn't want to go into acting/become an actress (a road a few other H!P graduates have followed).

Chrno2: Ticket sale dates are to be announced later.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
slowhand wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

She is being as coy about it as she has always been with everything.

Many months ago, she suggested that she would like to retire from public life and go live with her Mom and sister in a cottage in the country.

On the other hand, her ditzy, vain, acid-tongued TV persona is as popular as ever, so I expect she will remain a talento at least part-time. And maybe land the occasional seiyuu gig, too (I hope).

I wonder if she has talent for that. Heck I haven't even seen any shows that have either used their music. But seiyuu is pretty promising. She sounds pretty superficial to me. Surprised

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:
A little more specifically, while on the radio show "Young Town Doyoubi" recently Sayumi said she does want to continue singing and doing radio shows, but doesn't want to go into acting/become an actress (a road a few other H!P graduates have followed).

Chrno2: Ticket sale dates are to be announced later.

Thanks on that note. I'll have to stay posted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1