• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation March 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hmm, I'm guessing anyone who ordered the P-P Premium Edition is a little cheesed right about now...

Or perhaps they've got a rare item on their hands that can be sold for a decent profit.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Not sure who'd pay big bucks for a defective artbox, but I've also learned not to make assumptions with anime collectors...
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
My Psycho Pass artbox is completely fine. I just hope there's nothing wrong with any of the discs. Guess I'll see for myself this weekend.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Not sure who'd pay big bucks for a defective artbox, but I've also learned not to make assumptions with anime collectors...

It's not so much the defect as it is what will now be a limited and recalled first run. Certain collectors salivate over things like that.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, it does have a slight angle to it. One of my Utena boxsets has the same issue, but I didn't trade it in - I think it adds character. I might trade this one in though because it has a slight ding on the box as well. If I'm not feeling too lazy, I'll get a replacement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
^ Might as well, it's free after all!

I've noticed this with a couple of my boxes from Funi, and it's not really a big deal. But, I guess if you're paying this kind of money for a release you expect it to be pretty top-notch in every regard.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Just got mine today. As long as Im getting a replacement for free and dont gotta worry about sending any of my BRs back, Im cool with it I guess.

I haven't seen any of whats on the actual discs yet, but it seems to only be problems with the actual box itself, which isnt the worst thing ever. Good to see their on top of it at least. Though I'd imagine anyone whose order hasn't shipped yet and is gonna be delayed are a bit annoyed. Glad I was one of the lucky ones I suppose lol
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
http://www.rightstuf.com/i/fun09430

PSYCHO-PASS Season 1 Blu-ray Complete Collection Premium Edition

Note: This item has already sold out at the wholesale level. The counter reflects the number we still have available for order. However, due to a packaging issue this item is not immediately available for shipping. We expect this issue to be corrected within 4-6 weeks.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
My order of the Psycho-Pass Premium Edition has gone from "reserved for your order" to "on order from manufacturer" so I guess I'll be waiting a while for that. Wonder if that will cause further delay of my Kamisama Kiss LE on the same order.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
Well that sucks about PSYCHO-PASS it looked to me like they were going to have a perfect roll out on their premium line. My friend brought by Kamisama Kiss tonight nice set! Trinket heavy but very nice (I'm assuming they got the idea for trinkets via polling?) Either way good stuff nice to see some change and risk taking. RightStuf sold out of P-P wholesale right? Guess it payed off.

Now, if only my Arise would ship. I ordered a copy for friend and I but I had to call in to confirm my new address...I think that may have delayed it :<
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Not bumping an old 2013 thread for this...

Now with counter @ TRSI (from yesterday):
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
I hate how TRSI's linking doesn't work properly. If I click on your link, it doesn't say that I bought it yet, so I was worried that I might be missing out. However, if I look the title up through the website without going through a hotlink, I see that I have in fact bought that. Someone needs to fix their shit.
lem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
Very Happy lol. didn't bother to look too closely at the box 'til I read about it here...

so far, from what I've been able to watch, everything looks and sounds great. And that's what matters. So it's all good.

potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

defective stamps and coins are worth millions
100 years later

kamisama kiss worth buying? I have not had time to watch it yet.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Lem that P-P box is awesome. Does it have a matte finish?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4