• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rosario + Vampire Season II Manga Ending in February

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
^Totally agree!
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
I just hope this means we get an FMAB-style remake that follows the manga.

Oh yes please! The fanservice trainwreck by Gonzo put me off.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
I think this means that volume 14 will be the last. Is that correct?
I like the series but due to a large backlog and many distractions I have gotten way behind in reading it. I own volumes 9, 10, and 11 but have not read them yet. Volume 12 was shipped by Right Stuf yesterday.
At this point I think that I will wait for volume 14 (if it is the end) and read the last six volumes as if they were one large book.

As for the anime, if I had to judge it as an adaptation of the manga I would say that it is not very good and would definitely not recommend it to anybody who wanted to see the manga animated.
But I do not care about that myself and I was able to enjoy it quite a bit and have watched it twice, so far. For me it was just a lot of fun and fan service. I liked Capu 2 better than the first part.

Edit: If somebody did produce a new anime that was faithful to the manga I would definitely want to watch that. I would not be surprised if I liked it better than the existing anime, but for different reasons.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Aww man!!

I hope a 3rd season is made in the future.

i highly doubt it. from the looks of things the whole series would probably end here and if you read all of the volumes that is showing you would know it too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OncelostLu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit sad to see it end but I think it's for the best, I feel like it's on the verge of a decline.

While I'd like a reboot, I don't see it happening. Which brings to me my question. Will there be a bluray release of the two seasons? I believe there was one in Japan if memory serves me. But a NA release I have not seen anything on.

To me, the ending of the manga seems like a good of time as any. I know anime usually is meant to sell the source material, but if there was any intention or desire for a blu ray release, I'd say now would be the time for it.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
This and Psyren were 2 of my favorite manga to collect, and now they're both almost over Sad
Now need to find something else to read..

(I know psyren has been over in Japan for a while but I keep up with the story only through the English manga)
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
This and Psyren were 2 of my favorite manga to collect, and now they're both almost over Sad
Now need to find something else to read..

(I know psyren has been over in Japan for a while but I keep up with the story only through the English manga)

I'm more surprised that there isnt a Psyren anime series as yet. I guess not all shonen jump series automatically get anime series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gravity∅

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
Why should stop???I mean Moka's dad haven't show up yet instead of doppleganger transforming into him...wad happen to the fairy tale?will the batlle continue?Wad happen to the newspaper club?Also, wad happen to Tsukune?I mean his relationship between his frens...a lot of questions to ask...hope it wont stop here... Question Question Question [/quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2